1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2008 1:13 AM by Paul_LS

TROUBLE WITH ASPECT RATIO

USING PE7. CAM 1 AND 2 SHOT WITH 16/9 RATIO. THE CAPTURED IMAGES FROM BOTH
      CAMERAS DISPLAY EXAGGERATED WIDTHS, EVERYBODY LOOKS 50 LBS FATTER THAN THEY ARE. I'VE TRIED CAPTURING IN 3 OTHER PROGRAMS-SAME RESULT.

CAM 1 IS A CANON GL2. IT COMPRESSED THE IMAGE DURING RECORDING TO FIT A 4:3.
      THE EDITING PROGRAMS "SEE" THE 4:3 AS A 16/9 COMPRESSED FORMAT AND AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAY 16:9.

CAM 2 IS A 2007 HITACHI HD. IT DEFAULTS TO A 16:9. LOOKS GOOD ON THE ON-BOARD SCREEN WHEN SHOOTING BUT ON PLAYBACK LOOKS FAT ALSO.

I DUMPED THE FILES ONTO A DVD TO TRY ON THE TV. SAME FATS. WHEN I CHANGE THE ASPECT RATIO ON THE TV MONITOR TO FORCE THE 16:9 BACK TO 4:3, THE LATTER SETTING LOOKS ABOUT RIGHT, NOT TOO SKINNY, NOT TOO FAT. THE PROBLEM IS THAT NOT EVERYBODY HAS A TV THAT CAN ADJUST THE AR AND THEY WOULD PROBABLY JUST THINK THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE ALL ON HIGH-CALORIE DIETS.

WHAT DO I DO NOW? I NEED A PROGRAM THAT I CAN ADJUST THE ASPECT RATIO TO GET EVERYBODY'S WEIGHT REDUCED FAIRLY.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP?

HOWIE
      deathrage@live.com
        • 1. Re: TROUBLE WITH ASPECT RATIO
          Paul_LS Level 4
          If you have recorded in widescreen you need to work in a widescreen project. Did you select a widescreen project preset at start up?

If so and you still have the problem then the other thing to look at is to right click on the clip in the project Media Bin and select Interpret Footage. Then in Conform To select the appropriate widecscreen preset.