5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2009 1:50 PM by Robert J. Johnston

Accessing Original Image Files on Burnt DVD

After burning a DVD containing video and jpeg image files for a slideshow, I would like others who obtain the DVD to be able to access those original jpeg image files so they may use them as they please. Is there a special method or other software required in order to achieve this result? Is it possible to burn a DVD using "Premiere" then safely use another burn application on the same DVD without ruining the DVD's video content? I'm using DVD+R with "Premiere Elements" ver.3.0.2.
        • 1. Re: Accessing Original Image Files on Burnt DVD
          Paul_LS Level 4
          NERO allows you to burn a video DVD with other data as well. You could burn to folder in PE3 then use NERO to burn to disc with the additional content.
          • 2. Re: Accessing Original Image Files on Burnt DVD
            Level 1
            I applied the concept "Paul LS" suggested using "Roxio Creator" instead of "Nero." Roxio professes to allow data to be added later, and indeed it does as long as the previous data originated using Roxio. I tried to first burn my video with "Premiere" then add my image files using Roxio. Secondly, I took the opposite approach of burnng the files via Roxio, then adding my video using "Premiere." Both apps required a fresh blank DVD before proceeding with additional content.
            I'm really surprized that the ability to include files in their original format is not incorporated into the design of "Premiere." Are all video editors this restrictive? - Thanks
            • 3. Re: Accessing Original Image Files on Burnt DVD
              Robert J. Johnston Level 2
              You can burn source images to a DVD created by Premiere Elements if you first copy them to the SonicResources folder:

C:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere elements n.0\SonicResources

There will be a ClickMe.htm file in that folder.

After burning the DVD, the files and folders you added to the SonicResources folder will be hidden on the DVD. You can view them if the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" option is selected in the Folder Options in the Control Panel.

You will be responsible for determining if there is room for them to fit on the DVD, as I don't think Premiere Elements will take them into account when calculating disc space for your movie.
              • 4. Re: Accessing Original Image Files on Burnt DVD
                Level 1
                Mr. Robert J. Johnston has earned my high regard for a superb solution to the impasse I faced. Following his advice, I created a sub-folder under "SonicResources" in which I placed copies of the original formated files to be added before burning my associated video in "Premiere." The process functions beautifully, as Mr. Johnston claims. Thank you very much.
                • 5. Re: Accessing Original Image Files on Burnt DVD
                  Robert J. Johnston Level 2
                  You're welcome, Paladin. Glad that solution worked for you.