3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2009 9:40 AM by Steve Grisetti

memory allocation error when burning in premiere elements 2

martinlindsay
      I have premiere elements 2. I happily burnt a version of my dvd then suddenly it stopped burning and I had the above message during the burning section of the process. My computer has adequate memory to run this programme and nothing new has been added. I then downloaded Premiere elements 7 as a trial and burnt this Dvd yesterday. However today it won't burn through 7 either so i am reluctant to upgrade unnecessarily. Can anyone shed light on why I receive this error message.

Other things seem to burn but I am beginning to receive messages that Adobe is low generally on memory allocation.
      Regards

Erika
        • 1. Re: memory allocation error when burning in premiere elements 2
          martinlindsay Level 1
          memory allocation error when burning in premiere elements 2

Erika Lindsay - 09:30am Jan 4, 2009 Pacific

I have premiere elements 2. I happily burnt a version of my dvd then suddenly it stopped burning and I had the above message during the burning section of the process. My computer has adequate memory to run this programme and nothing new has been added. I then downloaded Premiere elements 7 as a trial and burnt this Dvd yesterday. However today it won't burn through 7 either so i am reluctant to upgrade unnecessarily. Can anyone shed light on why I receive this error message.

Other things seem to burn but I am beginning to receive messages that Adobe is low generally on memory allocation.
          Regards

Erika
          • 2. Re: memory allocation error when burning in premiere elements 2
            Paul_LS Level 4
            What are your source files?... high resolution photos and non DV-AVI video can give rise to the memory allocation error. If you have high res photos try down sizing them to 1000x750.

One thing to try before this is to export your timeline to DV-AVI... File>Export>Movie. Bring this file into a new project, add DVD markers/menu and then try burning.
            • 3. Re: memory allocation error when burning in premiere elements 2
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
              These could be signs that you're using a non-optimized video source (say, photos larger than 1000x750 pixels) or that your computer is running short of hard drive space (say, if you're under 20-30 gigs of free, defragmented space) or that your computer is in need of some basic maintenance because it's full of invisible temp files.

Without knowing your system or even what operating system you're using, it's hard to say. But start with some good regular maintenance, per the FAQs at the top of this forum.
              http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc43f9a

Then use these troubleshooting steps to isolate where in the process your DVD burn is failing.
              http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b5f52c/0