2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 7:05 AM by A.T. Romano

IMPORTING MUSIC FILES TO PREMIERE 7 PROJECT.

Hello,

I have Adobe Premiere Elements and need help getting my music files to import into Elements. I ripped my music in Windows Media Player as WAV files and that's where i'm stuck. Do I need to be in a particular window of Elements to see my music files so I can select what I want? Are there specific buttons to press to see and/or retrieve my music selections? Can someone please help get me over this hurdle.....Thank You!

Wayde
        • 1. Re: IMPORTING MUSIC FILES TO PREMIERE 7 PROJECT.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          It's as simple as clicking the Organize tab, selecting Get Media and the From Files and Folders option. Then you just browse to your WAV file and it's in!

If you need more detailed information on adding files and how the program works, you might want to check out the forum or products at http://muvipix.com or even my book, "The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7", available from Amazon.com and from the Muvipix.com products page.
          • 2. Re: IMPORTING MUSIC FILES TO PREMIERE 7 PROJECT.
            A.T. Romano Level 7
            Wayde Isakson

I have Windows Media Player 10 and this is how it works for me.

When you rip music from a CD (legally of course), the ripped music is listed in the Windows Media Player Rip interface AND is automatically stored in a folder in a location on your hard drive, such as My Music.

When you are in the Windows Media Player Rip interface and ripping music from a CD, look to the bottom left of the interface where the file path should be displayed.

You can close out of Windows Media Player, and open a Premiere Elements project (.prel). Then use Premiere Elements Get Media/Files and Folders to bring a copy of the ripped music from its saved hard drive location to the Media Area, then Timeline.

If you have a version of Premiere Elements with an Organizer, then after the current project, a thumbnail of the music remains in the Organizer linked to its original saved hard drive location from whence it came.