5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2009 7:45 PM by (Rob_Murrell)

How do I Extend Duration of Title Slide?

I have created a blank Color Matte and have inserted it into my video. I want to use this as a title slide and have already inserted the text. How do I extend the duration of this slide so that the entire text can be read?

I am using Premier Elements - Version 7
        • 1. Re: How do I Extend Duration of Title Slide?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          On your timeline, drag the right side of the clip to "stretch" it until its duration is the length you want.
          • 2. Re: How do I Extend Duration of Title Slide?
            Level 1
            I tried that, but since this is just a color matte and not an actual video frame, all I have is a skinny red line at the top of the timeline. I can extend that, but the text within the slide does not seem to extend along with it.

I found the title slide on the organizer and right clicked on it. I right clicked on this slide and selected time stretch. I changed it from 5 seconds to 20 seconds, but it did not seem to do anything.
            • 3. Re: How do I Extend Duration of Title Slide?
              A.T. Romano Level 7
              Rob Murrell

No doubt Steve Grisetti will be along soon for follow up, so I hope that my visit to this topic will not confuse your dialog with him.

So, please allow me to ask you some questions that might help me to help you also.

1. What exactly is a "blank color matte" that you created? See the question that you posted. A typical color matte has a color and is not a tiny red line at the top of the Timeline. That red line sounds like the indicator that runs across the top of the Timeline to indicate when the Timeline needs "Rendering" in order to get a better preview; red = needs Rendering, green = does not need Rendering. A typical color matte has properties consisting of: 720 x 480 pixels, Pixel Depth 720, Pixel Aspect Ratio 0.9. (project preset: NTSC DV Standard)

2. At any time, did you drag the Color Matte to the Timeline and then, with it on the Timeline and select:
              a. "drag the right side of the clip to "stretch" it until its duration is the length you want" as per SG's response
              AND/OR
              b. use the Time Stretch Tool to alter the duration of the Color Matte

3. If the goal is to create a Title that has the Color Matte as background
              a. The Title created in the Titler interface goes on Video Track 2
              and
              b. The color matte goes on Video Track 1
              Both Tracks should be extended to the same end point.

4. When you are creating your Title in the Titler interface, make sure that you have the Safe Margin "ON" so that you know that your text is staying within the inner rectangle (safe margin). The outer rectangle for Safe Margins is for action. Click on the bounding box to adjust to fit.

I will look forward to more details. There is some missing in the communications, I think.
              • 4. Re: How do I Extend Duration of Title Slide?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
                Also, make sure you're in TIMELINE mode. You can't see where the titles are in sceneline mode.

Then make sure you're extending your text as well as your graphic. It's there -- and it may be an on separate video track, so you may have to scroll your timeline up to see it.
                • 5. Re: How do I Extend Duration of Title Slide?
                  Level 1
                  Thanks for your help. I didn't realize that there was a seperate video track for the text. I have extended that and all is well.