6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 4:23 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features

Operate a VAIO VGN-AW11XU,which was purchased in Dec. 2008 and was loaded with Premiere Elements 4.0
      This is the most powerful multimedia VAIo, with all features installed like 4GB memory,Intel Centrino 2 processor T9600 (2.8 GHz),VISTA Ultimate, NVDIA 9600GT and dedicated GDDR3 Video Memory of 512 Mb.
      I keep on getting CRASH problems especially when I try to add transition to my video clips. The problem message details are :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
      Application Version: 4.0.0.0
      Application Timestamp: 46f98f81
      Fault Module Name: StackHash_06a9
      Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
      Exception Code: c0000374
      Exception Offset: 000b015d
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID: 1032
      Additional Information 1: 06a9
      Additional Information 2: bc3df167e4e07c2f973b80c7de9b1a5b
      Additional Information 3: a44f
      Additional Information 4: 2a1b05c4d7cdba5c95e750c734db17fa

I have the latest QuickTime installed.
      The camcorder is the SONY Handycam HDR-SR12E which records on a 120GB hard disc.
      The video clips which were recorded with above camcorder, are ( SD )MPEG-2PS
      Your help will be highly appreciated.
      Thank you
      Ilias
        • 1. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Actually, that camcorder records to an AVCHD file, which you can not edit in version 4, Ilias. If you want to edit AVCHD, you'll need to upgrade to version 7. Sorry.

On the other hand, σας έχουν σίγουρα αρκετά ισχυρός υπολογιστής για να επεξεργαστείτε τα αρχεία αυτά με!
          • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features
            Level 1
            Thank you so much Steve.
            I don't understand the following :
            SONY asks to pay an expensive price for this top of their line laptop, which comes with all the HD features, ...but then this laptop is supplied with Elements 4.0 which cannot handle the AVCHD files.
            It doesn't make sense!!
            This must be the reason that I get poor picture quality ? when I play back...correct ?
            Ilias
            Your Greek is excellent...How come ?
            • 3. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features
              Level 1
              Steve,
              Sorry I forgot to mention that my video clips were recorded on the SD recording format which according to the camcorder specs is MPEG2-PS.
              When you record on HD format then you record on AVCHD 1080/50i
              Do you agree ?
              Thank you
              Ilias
              • 4. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features
                Μακάρι να μπορούσα να μιλήσω πολύ πράσινο, Ηλία! Αλλά θα χρησιμοποιείται μόνο το Google μεταφραστή! Εάν λειτουργεί, όμως, θα σας στείλουμε μια απάντηση στα αγγλικά και στα ελληνικά.

I do not know about the SD recording format with that camcorder. I am sorry. But, if your Premiere Elements project is set up for AVCHD, you should be able to edit AVCHD with that computer.

I do recommend optimizing Vista, however, so that you will get the best performance. Here's how to do it:

Δεν ξέρω για την SD μορφή εγγραφής που με βιντεοκάμερα. Λυπάμαι. Αλλά, αν σας Premiere Elements έργο που έχει συσταθεί για AVCHD, θα πρέπει να μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε AVCHD με αυτό τον υπολογιστή.

Εγώ συνιστούμε να βελτιστοποιήσετε Vista, όμως, έτσι ώστε θα έχετε την καλύτερη απόδοση. Να πώς να το κάνουμε:
                http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc448a7

Also, make sure your Vista is updated to Service Pack 1.

Επίσης, βεβαιωθείτε ότι η ενημέρωση να είναι Vista Service Pack 1.
                • 5. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features
                  Level 1
                  Steve, I have fixed the problem.
                  In my version of Elements 4.0 I have the choise in project settings, under VAIO Edit components, to select AVC HD 1080i 1920x1080 50i.
                  This fixed the quality and the size of my video clips.
                  Apparently the program didn't crash so far.
                  Do I still need to upgrade to Elements version 7 ???
                  My laptop's Performance Index was 5.5 , but I took your advice to try to further improve ViSTA's performance.

The Google translation does a fair job...at least the message is undrstood.
                  Thank you
                  Ilias
                  • 6. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0, Crash problems when add trasition features
                    Version 4 can not edit AVCHD, Ilias. Version 7 can.