2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 4:17 PM by VideoJohnny

Still images turn to black backgrounds in the exported movie

I am still using Premiere 2.0. I produced a ca. 25 min project with still images at the beginning and at the end and short videoclips in between. Still images are only ca. 40-50 kB large. When working on it I occasionally got a few problems (e.g. an audio transition across two clips was making Premiere hanging up) but I could easily get around them and successfully preview the project and export it to a folder and directly to a DVD. However, when viewing the movie on TV I found out that almost all (BUT NOT ALL!) the still images had turned into black backgrounds. I have exported the movie as MPEG, more still images were fine but not all of them. I have tried to drastically reduce the number of still images (max 5) but nome of them were fine. I do not have any error message and this problem is driving me crazy! Does anyone have a brilliant idea?
      Last year I bought the new version of Premiere (3.0 I believe, surely not 7.0) but I stopped using it after one week because there was no way to successfully export the project I was working on. I made several videos, always got problems but so far I always found a solution on Premiere forum. Hope this time too!
      Many thanks for the attention

fabia (switzerland)
        • 1. Re: Still images turn to black backgrounds in the exported movie
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Try sizing your photos to 1000x750 pixels in size.

Also, right-click on each photo on the timeline and select Field Options and check the Flicker Removal box.

These will give you the best quality.

I am also concerned, however, that you are having technical problems and, especially, that you can not use a newer version of the program.

I'd recommend you install the latest version of Quicktime and the newest RealTek drivers, as we recommend in our FAQ.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c057647/2

Also, using my recommended computer maintenance will remove temp files on your computer and make it run like new.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc43f9a/0
          • 2. Re: Still images turn to black backgrounds in the exported movie
            VideoJohnny Level 1
            >Try sizing your photos to 1000x750 pixels in size.

Pn PRE2, I have had this same major issue. It's not that the photo is turning black,it is that the photo is disappearing against a black background.

YOu need to do as Steve suggests. It is the only cure.