2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2008 7:29 PM by CRF450R

Resize/Stretch an Image object

Level 7
      I need to permit users to free-resize image objects. Say an image begins 100
      pixels wide and 100 pixels high. I need to permit the user to resize and at
      the same time, alter the ratio of width to height, for example, 150x100.
      Actually resizing the image object is easily done. However, the displayed
      picture resizes, but it does not distort or stretch; the scaleX and scaleY
      remain 1.

I've searched the web and haven't found anything helpful. Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Resize/Stretch an Image object
          Level 7

"CRF450R" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g97eh6$4vl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I need to permit users to free-resize image objects. Say an image begins
          >100
          > pixels wide and 100 pixels high. I need to permit the user to resize and
          > at
          > the same time, alter the ratio of width to height, for example, 150x100.
          > Actually resizing the image object is easily done. However, the displayed
          > picture resizes, but it does not distort or stretch; the scaleX and scaleY
          > remain 1.
          >
          > I've searched the web and haven't found anything helpful. Any thoughts?

set maintainAspectRatio to false.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Resize/Stretch an Image object
            CRF450R
            I just went through all the properties again and found maintainAspectRatio and it worked. I was coming back to say I found it and I see that Amy's telling me the same thing.

I guess the lesson is this: When in doubt, start with the stinkin' docs.

Thanks, Amy.