7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2009 3:28 PM by Robert J. Johnston

Need help with compiling multiple timelines!

For the past several weeks my friends and I have been filming a movie. I've been using Premiere Elements 7 to edit this movie. I'm relatively new to video editing, so I've had to figure out how to use the program on my own. I've done alright, but now that all the filming is done I'd like to compile the entire movie into one timeline for DVD burning. Each scene of the movie is a separate project, which may have been a bad decision but is certainly not changeable now.

Ideally, I'd like to simply copy the contents of one project into another, but I've been unable to do this. To make do, I have exported each scene as a DV AVI file, and compiled each of those into one timeline. However, because this movie was filmed in HD, there is a very noticeable quality drop when using DV AVI.

So my question is, is there any way to combine the timelines into one? Something akin to cutting and pasting? If not, can each scene be exported in full HD to a video file? What settings should I use?

Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie!