6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2009 7:42 PM by bearcatx16

Using Trial V of PE 7

bearcatx16
      I am just learning about video editing, the reason for trial v. I have .mod file and have edited it in PE 7, rendered and saved as Practice.ftl. How do I get flash player to play it, I downloaded v. 10? I have also converted it to .mov and .mpg using "prism" and "super" and all conversions are not smooth and have something "scrambled" look. Is this due to using a trial v., which I know does not have all the features of a full v. or will what I see be the best I will get even with the trail v.? Or is there something better to convert the .ftl file?

Thanks

Fred
        • 1. Re: Using Trial V of PE 7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          I don't know that an FTL file is, but a Flash file is an FLV file.

It also sounds like you're then converting this FTL file user Super, which obviously won't solve your problems.

So here's what you should be doing:

1) Before you import your MOD file, make sure you have opened a Premiere Elements project that is using the settings for a DVD or hard drive camcorder.

2) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Quicktime. Quicktime plays an important role in Premiere Elements, even if you don't export a Quicktime file from it.

2) Export a Quicktime file (MOV) using the options under Share, Personal Computer, and test play it in your Quicktime Player.

That should give you a pretty indication of what's going on. If you're happy with the results, you can Share, Personal Computer, Flash (FLV) file and see if you like those results also.

There may be additional issues, though, if these MOD files came from an Everio camcorder, which are notoriously difficult for many video editors to work with. But at least you can see if the program will do what you need it to do.
          • 2. Re: Using Trial V of PE 7
            bearcatx16 Level 1
            Steve:
            Thanks for the timely reply to inquiry. I apologize for the mix up with the .ftl ext name, it was an .flv ext. I missed where I could save the rendered clip in the different formats. I am a happy Grandpa now and can start to saving my videos. I think I will be looking into another HD camera other than an Everio though I like JVC.

Thanks, again!

Fred
            • 3. Re: Using Trial V of PE 7
              Depending on whether you mean an HD hard drive camcorder or and HD hi-definition camcorder, I'll be glad to make recommendations, if you'd like, Fred.
              • 4. Re: Using Trial V of PE 7
                bearcatx16 Level 1
                Steve:

I would take any recommendations you would have on, both, the HD hard drive camcorder and HD hi-definition camcorder. Currently I am using the JVC had drive camcorder GZ-MG130U.

Thanks for your help on this matter.

Fred
                • 5. Re: Using Trial V of PE 7
                  Well, I wouldn't recommend any hard drive camcorder, if you plan to edit your videos with Premiere Elements. Whether standard miniDV or hi-definition HDV, use tape-based camcorders and you'll find that Premiere Elements will interface perfectly with them!

With hard drive camcorders, it's nearly always a hybrid solution.
                  • 6. Re: Using Trial V of PE 7
                    bearcatx16 Level 1
                    Thanks for the info.