20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 8:26 AM by bearcatx16

PE 7 Trial V Question

bearcatx16 Level 1
      I have been editing and rendering clips and like the functionality of the PE 7 interface. However, after rendering the clip saving as either, wmv, mov, mpg, and while editing the clip will "tile" and at one point appear that another clip, briefly, is transposed. I have only one clip, the one I am rendering, in the que list.

I thought there might be a problem with the clip, however, when I edit/render the same clip with CybeLink Power Director 5 NE express I do not have that problem. The video is clean and run smoothly.

I am hoping that this is a trial version problem and would cease if I went with the full version. I don't want to spend $100+ for PRE and PSE and have a problem with the software. Is there a quarantee w/the software?

Thanks for the help.

Fred
        • 1. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Fred, can you be more specific about what you're seeing and when you're seeing it?

When you say "tile", do you mean you suddenly see four clips on the screen at once, for instance? And what do you mean by transposed?

Ideally, if you can post a screen capture of what you're seeing or even a WMV of the video segment with the problem and post it some place (such as Vimeo, YouTube or Muvipix.com) we could see it and maybe get a better idea what's going on.
          • 2. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
            bearcatx16 Level 1
            Steve:

I have uploaded a screen shot and the clip that the screen shot was made from to an album,PRE 7 Trial V, at Muvipix.com. I don't know how to make the album public. My user name is as here, Smokey Bear.

Fred
            • 3. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
              Are these your clips, Fred?
              http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/12776/Practice_WM_FN.wmv

http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/12776/PRE_7_rendered_video.jpg

(Others trying to view these may need to sign up or logon to the site to see them.

I can't see anything in the screen capture. It's just noise.

As for the video, I'm also not sure what I'm looking for.

There is one point where the video breaks up and you see the noise that you posted as the JPG. Is that the "tile" or "transpose" you're talking about?

If so, can you tell us more about the original video -- what kind of camcorder it came from (miniDV, hard drive camcorder, DVD) and if you used Premiere Elements to capture the video?
              • 4. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                bearcatx16 Level 1
                Steve:

Yes what you are seeing is what I was talking about, I didn't know what it was. It was captured using the Everio SW that came with the JVC GZ-MG130 hard drive camcorder and then rendered in PRE 7. If I can find the other clip I will download it. There is a "flash" of another clip on it. I will try capturing video with PRE 7 and see how that works.

I sure appreciate the time and effort you have put in on dealing with me.

Thanks

Fred
                • 5. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                  bearcatx16 Level 1
                  Steve:

I did a little, very little, researching this evening on video noise. Will the full version of PRE 7 have a built in filter or is there a add-on filter that is able to eliminate the noise. I have not checked all my clips but the ones I have seem to have noise in them.

Blessings

Fred
                  • 6. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                    Fred, I'm still not sure what's causing the blip.

Do you say that you're capturing with the software that came with the camcorder? Assuming you don't see the blip in PowerDirector (or whatever that software is) can you export the video from PowerDirector as a DV-AVI?

Again, as many details as you can provide would be helpful. Telling me you "rendered in Pre 7" doesn't give me much to work with. It would be more helpful, for instance, if you said that, say, you captured in PowerDirector as an MPEG and imported the MPEG into a Premiere Elements project set to the DVD/Hard Drive Camcorder preset. That sort of thing.
                    • 7. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                      bearcatx16 Level 1
                      Steve:

This clip http://muvipix.com/cpg/albums/userpics/12776/Practice_WM_FN.wmv was captured using the Everio download sw that came with the camcorder, I'm not sure what format but has a .mod ext and then imported into a PE project set to the Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder; Widescreeen 48kHz preset. I now have some clips that were captured in PE using the AVCHD capture button and imported as an MPEG into a PE project set to the Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder; Widescreeen 48kHz preset. The same noise is appearing in some of these clips.

Fred
                      • 8. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                        Again, Fred, the question is if you are seeing this same blip when you output a WMV directly from PowerDirector (or whatever software came with the camcorder).

We need to find out at what point this blip is showing up in your video and why.

Also, can you tell us what software came with the camcorder?
                        • 9. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                          bearcatx16 Level 1
                          Steve:

The software that came with the camcorder:
                          1. CyberLink - Power Cinema NE for Everio (This is used for capture from the camcorder.)
                          2. CyberLink - Power Director 5 NE Express

The clip I posted on muvipix.com was captured by Power Cinema NE for Everio and then imported into PRE 7 with the preset as given above.

Additionally I now have clips that were captured by PRE 7 and imported into PRE 7 with the above presets and I am finding the "noise" in most of these clips also.

Fred
                          • 10. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                            Fred, if we're going to troubleshoot this, you need to do what I'm asking you to do. We need to find out if the problem is in the captured file or if Premiere Elements is, for some reason, bugging up the video.

So, please, play the video in your Cyberlink software and see if you see the blip.

If not, export your video from Cyberlink, ideally as a WMV file. Then play that file in Windows Media Player and look for the blip.

If you still don't see the blip, then look at all of the possible export options in your Cyberlink software. Is it possible to output a DV-AVI? If not, what output options are available?
                            • 11. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                              bearcatx16 Level 1
                              Steve:

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. I created a .wmv video in both PRE 7 and Power Director. The clip was captured by PRE 7. The blip can be seen twice in PRE 7 and I can not see it in PD. I am, at the present time, trying to upload the two files to muvipix.

Thanks for your patience.

Fred
                              • 12. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                Are you saying that you played the PowerDirector WMV in Windows Media Player and did not see the problem?

Did you also look to see if PowerDirector can output a DV-AVI file?
                                • 13. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                  bearcatx16 Level 1
                                  Steve:

That is correct, did not see a problem, video was clear and sharp with no blips.

I have been trying to upload both the .wmv and .avi from Power Director but have not had any luck. the PRE 7 .wmv uploaded though. I am retrying the upload process.

Fred
                                  • 14. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                    bearcatx16 Level 1
                                    Steve:

I am wondering if the Trial V is not part of the problem. Looking at the 3 files I have the two by PD are 74 and 67 MB, .avi, .wmv. respective. The PRE 7 file is only 1.35 MB.

I am trying again to upload, I will wait longer to see if the larger files finally make it. Just saw it, files are too big to download.

Fred
                                    • 15. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                      No need to upload, Fred. It's better if you troubleshoot this thing at your end.

YOu still haven't told me what types of files you can export from your camcorder's software.
                                      • 16. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                        bearcatx16 Level 1
                                        Steve:

If I understand correctly, I can export from PD DV-AVI, Windows AVI, mpeg 1 & 2, wmf & flv, and VCD/DVD/SVCD files.

By the way have you eaten at the "5 O Clock" steak house on W. 24th?

Again, thanks for your help. I don't know what to do on this end. I will probable go ahead and get the pkg. of PSE & PRE and take my chances as I like PSE and would like PRE if I knew the full version was not going to give me the clips with noise in them. I've seen where there are some filters for PRE.

Fred
                                        • 17. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                          If you can export to DV AVI, that should solve all your problems!

DV AVIs are the universal language of PC based video editors. Export your captured video from Power Director as a DV AVI and you can import it into Premiere Elements and do any editing you want and it should work flawlessly!

How do you know about Milwaukee's grand old steak house, Fred?
                                          • 18. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                            bearcatx16 Level 1
                                            I do a considerable amount of travel with my part time job and some of that included trips to the cheese head state. The bunch I work with is always looking for a good place to eat, particularly steak, and on one such trip, that took us to the far reaches of Northern IL one of the guys had done some research, found, I can't remember if it was Bill's or Al's 5 O Clock Club at the time, it sounded interesting so 6 of us piled in a rental car and headed to Milwaukee. The only place we eat now, when in the area, is the 5 O Clock. Steak you can cut with a fork and don't dare ask for steak sauce. One guy learned the hard way.

Fred
                                            • 19. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                              The 5 O'clock is definitely a classic old steakhouse, but there are a couple of really classy steakhouses in Milwaukee now too.

Drop me an e-mail at steve at muvipix.com next time you're in the area. I'd love to meet you.
                                              • 20. Re: PE 7 Trial V Question
                                                bearcatx16 Level 1
                                                Thanks for the info and invite. The downturn in the economy has drastically made a downturn for training in the private sector. Used to do 3-4 jobs a month, haven't done anything since Nov. and only one class is scheduled for the forseeable future. Hope we can get together for a steak.

Blessings

Fred