3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 7:05 AM by John T Smith

Too many forum sites - plesae spilt away into PE7 and older

andrewtirian Level 1
      Hi Im not sure who is the person to do this but can you split the sites into PE7 and PE older. People with PE 7 have specific issues (ie AVCHD) and its too much wading through hundreds of threads and old sites dealing with issues in PE3 etc
        • 1. Re: Too many forum sites - plesae spilt away into PE7 and older
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          It's an interesting idea -- but what about problems that are common to both version 7 and older?

Meantime, you can use Forum Search to find posts that relate to AVCHD issues.

And I try to post FAQs at the top of the forum any time anyone finds a universal solution. Those ARE divided by version.
          • 2. Re: Too many forum sites - plesae spilt away into PE7 and older
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            andrewtirian,

The Premiere Pro forums are split by version number, and as Steve points out, much is common to all/most versions. The same is true for the FAQ's at the top of this forum. That's why I suggest that any poster with a question that can be answered by an entry in one of the FAQ's read ALL of the FAQ's, not just the one for their particular version. There is a lot of non-version specific info in all of those.

I find that if a poster will state the version # in their post, a lot of confusion, and episodes of "20 Questions" can be eliminated. Roughly 90% of all questions transcend versions and are general. AVCHD is one, that IS version specific, as it was recently added.

Now, www.muvipix.com does break PE fora into version-specific headings. Still, most questions apply across most versions. Were Adobe forums to split, I'd suggest a finer deliniation, like "AVCHD," or "HD Video" only questions being broken off to a separate sub-forum.

Hunt
            • 3. Re: Too many forum sites - plesae spilt away into PE7 and older
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Not only that... the forum is going to be changed in April, so there would be no point in doing anything to the structure now

This link has discussion of what will happen in April

https://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7c637/