8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 7:38 AM by the_wine_snob

Adding Multiple audio tracks

Hi people.

How can I add multiple Audio tracks on a video which then can be switched on a DVD remote control?

Please help.

thanks in advance.

J.
        • 1. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          You can not do this in Premiere Elements, J.
          • 2. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
            Level 1
            Steve,

Many thanks your your reply. I was told by a"Technician" from Adobe Support that this can be done. Do you know of any software which would allow me to add extra audio tracks which can be changed?
            One option would be to purchase Adobe Encore but that seems to costly.

Thanks again.

J.
            • 3. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              J,

Adobe Encore can do this, as can (IIRC) DVD Archictect, plus other full authoring programs. Unfortunately, Encore is no longer available as a stand-alone program, but has been included in Premiere Pro, since CS3 and now CS4. I do this all of the time in Encore for full DTS Audio tracks, with the SurCode DTS encoding program (separate purchase from Minnetonka Audio).

To use another authoring program, you would Export from PR as elemental streams, i.e. Video only DV-AVI (or Transcoded MPEG-2) Video only, plus Export Audio only as PCM/WAV 48/16, or AC3 Dolby. You can have up to eight Audio Tracks, with Menu-based selection of Audio Track.

PE's authoring capabilities are nice and easy, albeit limited.

If you are looking for a separate authoring program, go to www.muvipix.com and take a look at many of the articles there on DVD Authoring. There are a lot of good program recs., plus steps on using these to get the best results.

Hunt
              • 4. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
                Unfortunately, even the best under-$100 DVD authoring product, DVD Architect Studio, can't use multiple language tracks, J.

That's a pretty high-end feature, and I'm afraid it's not going to come cheap.
                • 5. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Steve,

Thanks for that clarification. Since I have not used DVD Architect, I was not sure what its capabilities were.

Thanks to Encore, I have not needed to look too far from it, for solutions.

Appreciated,

Hunt
                  • 6. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
                    The pro version of DVD Architect, like Encore, does include this feature. However, it is only sold bundled with Sony Vegas for about $500.
                    • 7. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
                      Level 1
                      Guys,

Many thanks for your feedback on this query. It's just a shame i cannot purchase Adobe Encore separately.

j.
                      • 8. Re: Adding Multiple audio tracks
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        jagthandi,

I agree with you on the separate purchase of Encore. It's a great authoring program. Until CS3, it was sold as a stand-alone, though was also included in the CS2 Production Studio, which is how I came by it. Adobe began integrating it more and more closely to Premiere Pro, so that became more of a "module," than a stand-alone. As of CS3 it only came bundled with P-Pro. Good on one hand, but not so good, on the other. Having used it for many years now, I would be loathe to use any other authoring application.

It seems that Sony has done similar with their DVD Architect Pro, only bundling it with Vegas Pro.

What this means is that there are now few full-featured authoring applications in an affordable price range. DVD Studio Pro being one of the few, and its interface is not as clean as Encore's. It offers potentially more power, but you have to do some basic programming to use that power. At the top of the list is Sonic Scenarist, but at around US$50K, complete, it's not really an option. Also, its interface takes years to learn.

So very glad that I have Encore2. I will likely never part with that program, as it does 99% of what I would ever want from an authoring application. That last 1% can usually be done with some creative workarounds.

Hunt