6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2009 4:35 AM by Steve Grisetti

Imported Slide Show Problems

Pactzin
      I imported a slide from Photoshop Elements 7.0 into Premiere Elements 7.0. I did get an error that .jpg files could not be imported into Premiere. Some .jpgs showed and some did not. Any suggestion?

Also, text titles I added in Photoshop are very blurry in Premiere. Can someone help me understand why and how to correct?

Thanks,

Gary
        • 1. Re: Imported Slide Show Problems
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Resize your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels, per the FAQs at the top of this forum, and these problems will likely disappear.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bb8822c
          • 2. Re: Imported Slide Show Problems
            Paul_LS Level 4
            What resolution are your photos? These are typical symptoms of "large" resolution photos. Try re-sizing them to around 1000x750. Your TV resolution is only around 720x480 and so unless you are only going to view the slideshow on a computer it is pointless having them over-sized.
            • 3. Re: Imported Slide Show Problems
              Pactzin Level 1
              Thank you for your response. My pixels are WAY too large. Also, I really never moved all of these images into Photoshop Elements. I just added them from a file. Do I need to move all of these into the Organizer first and then batch resize them? Also, does this leave the original pictures intact in their original location?

Thanks for your help.

Gary
              • 4. Re: Imported Slide Show Problems
                In the article I linked you to above, there are instructions for using the Process Multiple Files feature in Photoshop Elements. It will create down-sized copies of your photos and leave the originals intact.
                • 5. Re: Imported Slide Show Problems
                  Pactzin Level 1
                  Steve,

I did a batch processing of over 2000 jpgs in 7 slide shows to 1000x750 and this seemed to work better.

I am still having text problems. The titles applied to each jpg in the slide shows are clear in Photoshop Elements 7 but are blurry but readable when imported into Premiere Elements 7.

Further, I have blank slides that are black background with white text in each slide show. These are clear in Photoshop but blurry but readable when imported into Premiere Elements 7.

I took a suggestion and imported a slide show into PE7 and then exported it to a DV AVI file. When I brought it back up and viewed it, the text titles on the jpgs and the white text on the black slides were still blurry but readable. I viewed the AVI in two separate programs, the pictures look OK but the text is not crisp and clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary
                  • 6. Re: Imported Slide Show Problems
                    Well, remember that your computer has over four times the resolution of your TV, so it's likely those blurry titles will just fine on your TV.

Here's more, from the FAQs at the top of this forum.
                    http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc14b78