2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 9:56 AM by Steve Grisetti

Burning/Exporting to dvd

I use the original version of Premiere Elements purchased April 05. Recently, when burning to dvd, the burn is almost complete and then shows 'error'. The disc shows a burn and will work on a few dvd players but not on most. I have a custom-built PC with MSI AMD 2005 motherboard DDR 400, AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor, 1.5gb RAM and 120gb Hard disk, all of which work well with other applications, including Photoshop Elements. What is going wrong? Thank you for any advice!
        • 1. Re: Burning/Exporting to dvd
          Ed.Macke Level 3
          I'm sure others will have more helpful answers, but what I always do is to "burn" the DVD to a folder.

Then, I use a DVD burner (the free ImgBurn works well) to actually create the DVD.

It's a few more steps, but I've never had a problem doing it this way.

At the very least, it might help isolate the problem?
          • 2. Re: Burning/Exporting to dvd
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
            I'm with Ed. If it seems to get to the end of your DVD burn and chokes, it's usually an indication of something interfering with Premiere Elements' connection to your DVD burner. Burning to your DVD to your hard drive and then using your burner's software to move the DVD files to a DVD disc will resolve that issue.

This is also a very old system, Anthony. I would also be wary of the hard drive being to full to handle the scratch disk files (You may need as much as 30 gigabytes free and defragmented for a one-hour project) or that your drive is full of old temp files and other "invisible" junk files that are hindering your performance.

Here's some maintenance I recommend you do regularly (like weekly).
            http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc43f9a/0