6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 8:16 PM by 3OAM

Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194

This error message keeps coming up whenever I try to preview my video.

[..\..\Src\Audio\MonitorMixer.cpp-194]

What should I do? What is the cause of this error?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194
          Robert J. Johnston Level 2
          I haven't encountered that error message before. The only reference to "MonitorMixer.cpp" on Adobe's site is in a technote about Audition 2.0. The steps that Adobe recommends in that technote are what you should follow in trying to resolve this problem.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331629
          • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194
            Level 1
            I found the solution from a similar question from the archive.

I dragged all my clips further down the timeline and was able to play it there. After some time, I dragged it back to the start of the timeline and it works now!

Thanks for the reply anyway!
            • 3. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              Adelene,

Thanks for reporting back. Your "fix," is similar to others for different errors and problems. I'd guess that something gets corrupted, or un-linked, and the act of moving the Clip(s), and then moving them back, clears this up.

In Adobe Encore, there is a "glitch" in edited subtitles, which do not update in the burned DVD. Just by going in and setting a new font style, then undoing that change clears that problem up. To date, and to my knowledge, no one has ever figured out what the exact problem is, but the workaround does the trick for all.

Out of curiosity, had you Rendered your Timeline, before the error happened? I wonder if it was a link to Render files, or similar, that caused the issue to surface.

Anyway, glad that you solved it.

Hunt
              • 4. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194
                Level 1
                Hi Bill,

Yes I rendered my timeline before the error happened.
                • 5. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Though it does not prove my theory, it might give me something to work on. I have not experienced this in any of the Adobe programs, but it has been posted enough, that I feel something is afoot. If I can isolate the issue, I'll post my finidngs.

One of the problems, however, is if one cannot get the error, in the first place. Spent weeks trying to get the dreaded PGC-error in Encore, and could not duplicate it, though I was working with the same Assets and .NCOR file, as another user. Fortuantely, Jeff Bellune DID get the error, but could only conjecture on its cause.

Thanks for posting back,

Hunt
                  • 6. Re: Premiere Elements 4 Error - MonitorMixer.cpp-194
                    3OAM Level 1

Adelene, when you dragged your clips over on the timeline, I assume you continued working. How long did you wait to drag them back to the beginning of the timeline?

I'm encountering the same problem as you were. I've never had this problem before and I didn't change any habits or do anything out of the ordinary. This is very frustrating.