7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2009 1:43 PM by the_wine_snob

SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial

Level 1
      Hi,

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate and my computer meets all the system requirements for Adobe Premiere Elements 7. I have successfully downloaded and installed the trial version, but I cannot get the product to launch. I keep getting hung up at the same point. I get a message saying "Would you like to authorize BIAS Sound Soap Pro or run in trial version" with the buttons Authorize Trial, or Cancel. I can't authorize because I don't have a serial number. I've tried clicking trial and get the following message:

"There are no more authorizations available. Contact BIAS technical support if you believe you have received this message in error." That message just has an OK button. When I click o.k., I get a huge series of messages like this one:

"Can't load module." followed by the name of the module. The first one is "Convert db to Control voltage."

I also tried unistalling the program, installing again, and then tried clicking the Cancel button when I got the first message about SoundSoap. That resulted in the same string of "Can't load module" messages.

After the "Can't load module" messages, Windows gives me a message saying the program has stopped working.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or can anyone tell me how to launch the product without SoundSoap Pro?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.
        • 1. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          I think you've got spyware or maybe even a virus, Elaine. SoundSoap is not in any way affiliated with Adobe or Premiere Elements.

If your computer is relatively new, it could be that it came pre-installed with a trial of SoundSoap, which keeps trying to launch. In which case, you should go to Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel and remove it.

It's a $500 program and one you apparently didn't intentionally install -- and that's not good!
          • 2. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            Because SoundSoap is available as both a plug-in and as a stand-alone, my guess would be that Premiere is trying to load one, or more, VST modules. Premiere will go through the system, and attempt to load all VST's that it finds. Some, like Native Instruments, cause problems.

My guess is that you have the trial version of SoundSoap, or parts of it from a previous installation. Do not know what the limitations of their "trial" is, but it seems that something wants you to register, or at least set up SoundSoap to load the VST(s).

This article might help you:
            http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.59b7e0b2

Good luck,

Hunt
            • 3. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
              Level 1
              Thanks to both of you for your help. I uderstand the problem better now. I uninstalled the Sound Soap Pro trial. I had forgotten I had it because I never used it. That got rid of the Sound Soap errors.

But I'm still getting the "Can't Load Module" errors, which I now understand are referring to VST plugins associated with another audio editing program I have. The article that Bill refers to suggests a fix, which I tried, but it didn't work.

I should probably contact the person who suggested the fix to see if I'm doing something wrong.

I may end up having to uninstall the audio editing program, which seems ridiculous.

Meanwhile, my trial period for Premiere Elements 7 is ticking away.

I wanted to install the trial of Premiere Elements to make sure it has all the features I need. I did research it pretty thoroughly and will no doubt buy it if all is well.
              • 4. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Elaine,

It *seems* that Eddie Lotter completed a script that handles VST plug-ins. I do not have his e-dress (though it might be in his Adobe profile), but I know that he updates the PremierePro-wiki:
                http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

There might be a contact for him there, and it is highly likely that he will have posted his program there, as well. You might want to take a look at: http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/VST.

OzPeter, who posts often to the Audition forum, also drops in here, though I've not seen him for a bit. I'd search for posts by him and by Neil Wilkes on Google, as both know their auido very, very well, and both use Adobe products - OzPeter has PE, and Neil at least CS3 suite.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS: usually, VST's, that cannot be used by, say PrPro, will be loaded, but will not work and not be available from any Effects Panel. The first time that a new one loads, you get an error message, saying that use of VST ___ will not work. SampleTank2.dll is one that I have from a Magix audio program, and it loads into PrPro, with no ill effects. Some, however, just hang things up. Like I said earlier, I know that earlier versions of Native Instruments will mess up many Adobe programs.
                • 5. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
                  Level 1
                  Thank you so much for this information. I will check into it and let you know what I find out. I really appreciate your time and help.
                  • 6. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
                    elrodalta Level 1

I finally was able to launch my trial version of Premiere Elements 7. I got help over here from Eddie http://forums.adobe.com/message/1897169.

The blacklist.txt solution doesn't apply to Premiere Elements. I renamed the folders where the vst plugins were, and then I was able to launch the software. Now I can use the remaining 10 days of my trial to figure out if I will buy the software.

Thanks again.

• 7. Re: SoundSoap Pro preventing me from launching Premiere Elements 7 trial
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Elaine,

Thanks for reporting back. I did not know if Eddie's "fix" would work outside of PrPro. Now I do.

Normally, Adobe products handle other VST's pretty well, and will survey one's system for all, then install the ones that will work. However, there do seem to be some that foul up the program. Why? I do not know, but would assume that it's probably the way they are written. Since a VST can be all sorts of things, programers are usually focused on writing them for specific uses and specific applications. When one is too specific, it might not "play nice" with the Adobe app., that can use many others. The ones that I see causing problems are most often "instruments," rather than Effects. Still, they *usually* are only unusable by the Adobe app., and do not cause any harm. This was the way that things worked with my example, the SampleTank3.dll. It loaded fine, but PrPro knew that it could not use it, and gave me a message to that effect, when PrPro first encountered it. No problem, however, with it being on the system. That's the way it happens most of the time - but then, sometimes there are other VST's, that DO cause issues. I'm just glad that all of mine are either useful, or benign.

Hunt