5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 8:02 AM by New Improved Chuck Engels

Second copy

grnskl Level 1
      I wish to use a second copy of Premiere Elements 7 on a second home computer. I downloaded the trial for this, but it won't take my old serial number. What can I do? Is this an Adobe policy of some sort?
        • 1. Re: Second copy
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          You can't use an active serial number on the trial. You'll need to reinstall to the second computer from the same disc as you used to install to the first.

If you have problems, give tech support a call.
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7d56
          • 2. Re: Second copy
            grnskl Level 1
            Guess I'll be making that call, Steve, since I downloaded and don't have a disc. Thanks for your help.
            • 3. Re: Second copy
              Robert J. Johnston Level 2
              You can re-download the download version by going to your Adobe account. Click on the "View Order History" link and you will see the products you have purchased. If it was a download version, there will be a "download" link. Only that download can be used with the serial number you were initially given.
              • 4. Re: Second copy
                VideoJohnny Level 1
                >Guess I'll be making that call, Steve, since I downloaded and don't have a disc. Thanks for your help.

Where did you save the original download? Can't you just copy it to the other computer?
                If you don't have it, then do as Robert suggests.
                I recommend that you make a backup of the download.
                • 5. Re: Second copy
                  New Improved Chuck Engels Level 1
                  Johnny is right, all you have to do is transfer the original download files to the second computer, exactly what I did with Premiere Pro.
                  And RJ is also correct, you can go to your account and download the files again, if you have that much time 8|