2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2008 9:41 AM by (Paul_V._Rasmussen)

Elements 7 - Best Preset to use for the Panasonic SDR-H40 Camcorder

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what would be the best preset to use for video created on the Panasonic SDR-H40? I'm just learning about the software, opened a project, using whatever settings were already there, and the video's audio sometimes stops mid-stream, so it's basically a silent movie.
      I read that I might need to use a specific preset or create one of my own, but don't know how to actually go about it.

The choices under NTSC presets are AVCHD, DV or HDV. I've looked in the Camcorders manual and can't find how (or even if) that equates to the recording modes of XP (high picture quality), SP (normal) or LP (recording time prioritized) -
      The videos I recorded were recorded in XP - Taking a guess at it, I don't think there's a relationship between these terms and the recording modes of the Camcorder and suspect that this camera only does DV. But if that's true I don't know if there are further adjustments I need to make (by creating a preset).

I was hoping that someone with the same camera or just solid general knowledge could shed some light on this.

Thanks!