10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2009 11:07 PM by (Daniel_Flouch)

move PE file to PS4

grnskl
      I'd like to work on a file I began in Premiere in Photoshop CS 4. Anybody have an idea on how that might work?
        • 1. Re: move PE file to PS4
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional
          Well, Photoshop is a photo and graphics program while Premiere and Premiere Elements are video editing programs.

What kind of Photoshop file are you wanting to move to Premiere (Elements)?
          • 2. Re: move PE file to PS4
            grnskl Level 1
            Well,PS4 extended is billed as having a graphics program. I just got it up, so I don't now how it works. The thing is, I want to transfer a Premiere file to Photoshop 4, not the other way around as you seem to think.
            • 3. Re: move PE file to PS4
              But one program edits video and the other edits still images, Tony! You can send one frame of video to Photoshop but not an entire video.

So is the Premiere you now have Premiere Pro CS4 or Premiere Elements?
              • 4. Re: move PE file to PS4
                grnskl Level 1
                Gotcha on this one, Steve. I kept it from you that this Premiere Elements file is a slide file! Dozen or so slides that I created in Photoshop and pulled up in the Elements "sceneline." So they're not a video so far. So Photoshop ought to be able to handle it... theoretically. Or not?
                • 5. Re: move PE file to PS4
                  Tony, I'm not sure what you're looking for here.

If you have photos, you can edit them in Photoshop. If you have a video slideshow you created from photos but made into a video in Premiere, you can't edit it in Photoshop. You can edit the photos, but not the video.

I guess I'm not clear on what you're trying to do with with.
                  • 6. Re: move PE file to PS4
                    VideoJohnny Level 1
                    >Gotcha on this one, Steve. I kept it from you that this Premiere Elements file is a slide file! Dozen or so slides that I created in Photoshop and pulled up in the Elements "sceneline." So they're not a video so far. So Photoshop ought to be able to handle it... theoretically. Or not?

If the slideshow is in Premiere Elements, this is really a video. You cannot open a video in PSE.

You can however edit sindividual slides from PRE in PSE by righ clicking on the slide and choosin the edit in PSE option, or whatever photo editor you choose.

I'm also not sure what you are trying to do.
                    • 7. Re: move PE file to PS4
                      Barb__O Level 4
                      Johnny,

I suspect that your conclusion on what Tony is attempting to do is good.

I had done the PRE 3 to PSE 5 edit process for a photo, but I had not yet investiagated this in version 7. So after reading these posts I decided to go look in v7.

-- I only see a choice to edit in Photoshop Elements and not a choice to use another editor when invoking the edit from PRE 7. Perhaps that is because I do not have Photosop CS installed?

-- in my one test, I needed to be at the Timeline view when I selected the photo to be edited. When using the Sceneline view, I did not get the choice of Edit in Photoshop Elements when right clicking on the selected photo. What is your experience with the Sceneline?
                      • 8. Re: move PE file to PS4
                        grnskl Level 1
                        What I am trying to do is finish up in Photoshop CS4E a project that I began in Premiere Elements. This consisted of slides that I created in Photoshop CS3 and brought up in Premiere as a video project. I bought CS4E hoping to make the slides and handle the video project in a single program.

But thanks to you Johnny and you Barb, I see that that will be impossible. I'll just finish it up in Premiere Elements. Perhaps I could create the ending in PS4E and paste the two together somehow, just for the fun of it.
                        • 9. Re: move PE file to PS4
                          New Improved Chuck Engels Level 1
                          I think the program that you might really have wanted is After Effects. You can take images from Photoshop and video from Premiere and add them all to a After Effects composition and continue editing everything in one program.

But I am still a little confused by what your overall goal is in moving the files back and forth.
                          • 10. Re: move PE file to PS4
                            Level 1
                            Tony,

I believe since you already have photographs as slide show in Premiere Elements, you are wondering, if there is a way for you to open this project in Photoshop .
                            If that is the case, i am sorry it will not be feasible. Better idea would be to import those images in Photoshop directly and use it.

Thanks
                            Daniel.