0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2008 3:56 PM by Adam Blake

Mac 10.5, Linux and FTP

Adam Blake
      Hi

I hope that this is an easy one... It's doing my head in!

I have a Mac 10.5 which I am running Flex 3 on. I have a ColdFusion server (192.168.10.7) running on Linux with Lifecycle running as well. I can connect to 192.168.10.7 from Mac through FTP in the finder but it is a read-only connection. When I try to connect the root folder "/Volumes/192.168.10.7/WEB-INF/flex" in Flex I get an error that it is an invalid root as the config files must be in that folder (which they are). I have connected an FTP link through Cyberduck successfully as a read/write connection but I don't have a mapping from the finder or available for the root folder in Flex.

In Dreamweaver I can successfully create a site through the Dreamweaver site builder with FTP connect to 192.168.10.7 where I can get and put files. However when I try to select the (mapped) server that is connected through the MAC finder FTP (read-only connection) in Dreamweaver it can not connect and throws an exception that the server is not available.

I can't seem to work out how to crate a site in Flex 3 like I can in Dreamweaver, however I can connect to the RDS Fileveiw and RDS Dataview on 192.168.10.7 without issue.

Every documentation I have been looking up assumes that you have either a windows local or mapped version of the server or a Mac local version... So I can't for the life of me find any help with MAC and Linux remote server...

I hope that all makes sense, if not please let me know.

Thanks