1 2 3 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2009 8:49 AM by (annieb)

Printing adobe 8

Level 1
      I am not able to print documents from adobe reader 8. What do I need to do to be able to print the documents. I can print Word documents.
        • 1. Re: Printing adobe 8
          Level 1
          I am having this same problem. All other programs print correctly. Just not Adobe 8.
          • 2. Re: Printing adobe 8
            Level 1
            I'm having trouble with it, too...some files print okay, but others just print parts of the page...Print As Image works okay, but I don't want to do that every time!
            • 3. Re: Printing adobe 8
              Level 1
              I have Adobe Reader 8.0 and I can read PDF's but I cannot print. I'm wondering I have Acrobat Reader 5.0 still in my system does anyone thinks that's why I cannot print.
              When I brought up my PDF I went to edit and went to search and it says A plug-in used to perform search is missing. Please reinstall Acrobat. does this mean I need to update Acrobat or to remove it so Adobe Reader 8.0 can do its stuff
              • 4. Re: Printing adobe 8
                Level 1
                I have Adobe Reader 8.0 and I can read PDF's but I cannot print. I'm wondering I have Acrobat Reader 5.0 still in my system does anyone think that's why I cannot print.
                When I brought up my PDF I went to edit and went to search and it says A plug-in used to perform search is missing. Please reinstall Acrobat. does this mean I need to update Acrobat or to remove it so Adobe Reader 8.0 can do its stuff
                • 5. Re: Printing adobe 8
                  Level 1
                  We have had two separate problems with printing. Printing to an HP 2400 series printer causes Reader 8 to close without printing. Found a new PS driver from HP (Universal driver) that seems to fix the problem.

Secondly, we cannot print most PDFs to a Canon 7095 Copier using Reader 8. We get some Postscript errors, like Error: Undefined or Error: Undefinedresource when we turn on PS error reporting in the printer driver. We updated the PS driver for the Canon, but same problems. The same documents print on other printers and also print fine using Reader 7.

If anyone knows what might be the problem with the Canon, I would apprecate any thoughts.

Thanks!
                  • 6. Re: Printing adobe 8
                    Level 1
                    What happened?? Adobe 8 is causing trouble throughout my company - Abode hangs for a couple minutes before printing. Since 3/26 11AM
                    • 7. Re: Printing adobe 8
                      Level 1
                      I am running vista home premium and trying to print pdf documents through Adobe Reader but recieve an error message that says something to the effect of "Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer". I have a printer installed that works fine with all other software. What is the problem and how do I fix it???
                      • 8. Re: Printing adobe 8
                        Level 1
                        Clarify please..
                        When you say printing, do you mean printing using Windows print button or a print button built into a reader form?
                        If it's a reader form, I can not get the "print/submit" to work with Adobe reader 8 on Windows 2000 Prof. (sp4) PC's.. Works great on XP Prof.
                        This has been reported to Adobe...
                        Thought I pass this on...
                        • 9. Re: Printing adobe 8
                          bdquilts Level 1
                          Today I gave a friend a CD on which I had saved some PDF files for her to view and print. The files were saved and burned on the CD on my MAC OS 10.4, using Illustrator CS2 and Indesign CS2.

She has a DELL with Windows XP, don't know which printer she has. She was able to view the PDFs, but when she went to print, her computer completely froze, had to unplug it to get it to restart.

When she got going again, she copied a file from the CD to her desktop, then it printed fine.
                          • 10. Re: Printing adobe 8
                            Level 1
                            I managed to re-install the printer and this resolved the issue. Same driver. When having this issue it worked fine with other printers. These were network PCs on a domain. Win XP SP2, fully updated.
                            • 11. Re: Printing adobe 8
                              Level 1
                              We cannot print PDF documents from Adobe Reader 8 to our Canon 2270 copier/printer. Please help if you might know of a solution. THANKS!
                              • 12. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional
                                Marina,

You haven't mentioned your OS. I would suggest re-installing your
                                printer driver that will frequently work.

Mike
                                • 13. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                  Level 1
                                  We are having a problem printing on a Canon ip3000 printer. Updating the print driver has not helped. The problem is only with .PDFs printing out of Reader 8.0. All other document types appear fine.

About half the page will look normal, but then the text turns into gibberish. Characters are changed into other characters, sometimes getting printed on top of each other (spacing problem), etc. The font may be changing, as well (but is somewhat difficult to discern on the documents we've tried).

We are not receiving any error messages. The document completes printing without any pauses or freezes, it simply comes out unreadable.

We haven't tried printing as an image, yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Bill
                                  • 14. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                    Level 1
                                    I'm having a similiar issue. I am trying to print a PDF file to a HP1050. I am connected to the printer over the network, not locally. When I print the PDF, it sends 64KB to the printer, shows that it is processing the print job, then it disappears. The software and the PDF are still on screen, but the print job disappears. I have upgraded to Adobe 8.0 from Adobe 7.0, with no success. I am running XP SP2, and I have been able to print a DWG file to the same printer,so the network connection is working. Is there a setting in the software that could be stopping the completion of the print?
                                    • 15. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                      Bill,

Can you print one page at a time? If so it may be a memory issue. Is it
                                      something that happens with one document, a few documents or all documents?

Mike
                                      • 16. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                        Level 1
                                        Mike,

So far, it has happened with all .pdf documents, multi-page as well as single-page. Sometimes it starts near the middle of the document, sometimes near the end.

For example, one single-page document we printed had the errors all over the bottom half of the page, whereas a multi-page document did not show any errors until the very bottom of the first page.

I somehow doubt it's a memory issue, because the single-page document which had the errors on such a large percentage of the page actually had very little text on it (auto insurance cards, three on one page), whereas the multi-page document (bank statement) had much more text on the first page, yet had no errors until the last couple of lines.

Just to be safe, however, I'll probably run memtest86 on the PC having the problem.

Bill
                                        • 17. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                          Bill,

I was more thinking about the memory of the printer.

Mike
                                          • 18. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                            Level 1
                                            Mike,

True, but then other document types would probably be affected as well if it was a problem with the printer's memory, and we haven't had any problems with Word docs or web pages.

One interesting tidbit about the single-page document, it had background text (watermark-style text) which was not affected, even low on the page where other text was garbled. Since the page is rendered on the host PC, however, it could still be a problem with local memory after a certain amount, particularly if the background watermark text was rendered prior to the foreground text. This would also explain why more of the single-page document was garbled compared to the first page of the multi-page document.

It's a newly built PC, anyway, so it can't hurt to run Memtest86 to test the sticks, just to be safe. It could be that Adobe is accessing an area of memory (which might be bad on the stick) that other apps are not, and would explain why other apps and document types print fine.

After I test the memory and eliminate that possibility, I'll reply again.

Bill
                                            • 19. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                              Level 1
                                              We have the same problem:

- tried to print directly to a Canon iR3300 with the latest PS drivers (v4.00); paused the printer on the computer (so we could capture) and the PDF is simply not getting to the printer

- if we try to print a Word or a test page, the documents are getting to the Canon printer, therefore not an issue with the printer driver

- the same PDF can print to a Dell 5110cn PS

- checked the event logs on the computer, found nothing related to Acrobat Reader or printing error

- this is on Windows XP Pro SP2, with Acrobat Reader v8.0.0
                                              • 20. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                Level 1
                                                I have a Canon Imageclass MP700 with updated Vista drivers on Vista Home Premium, trying to print from Acrobat Reader 8.
                                                PDF file looks normal until I print it, all I get is lots of "Chinese" looking characters. Have used Adobe 8 in XP, all works fine. Reinstalled Canon drivers, and still have this problem only in Acrobat Reader 8.
                                                Uninstalled v8 and put v7 back in Vista, and still have the "Chinese" looking characters.
                                                • 21. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                  Level 1
                                                  We are having similar issues, users cannot print Adobe 8 files to three different models of Canon copiers but can print these same files to Xerox and HP printers just fine. Can print other files types to the Canons just not the Adobe 8. The models with the issues are CiR6020, C5870 and C8070.
                                                  • 22. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                    Level 1
                                                    Same problem with an Epson AL-CX11NF All-in-One Color Laser. Can print any other type of document. Have reinstalled Epson's drivers. Have uninstalled (trashed) Adobe 8.1 and reinstalled. Had a message about a problem with a Safari plug-in that seemed to be corrected with reinstall, but still cannot print. If this can't be solved, can someone at least tell me how to revert back to Mac OS X Preview as the .pdf reader. No problems printing from Preview.
                                                    • 23. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                      Level 1
                                                      Similar problems with Xerox C2636 Workcentres. We just recently installed latest printing drivers to ensure this is not the cause of the problem. However most PDF documents are printed correct. It appears that specifically documents with a later added object (i.e. a window stating "draft version") is causing these troubles. When printing the same PDF files with older versions of Adobe acrobat produces correct output.
                                                      I do have sample documents I could provide if necessary.
                                                      • 24. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                        Level 1
                                                        I just started having this problem last week after installing Acrobat 8. we have hp 4250's and canon printers 2270's and 3220's and it would only not print to the Canon ir3220. updated the ps driver and it is now working.
                                                        • 25. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                          Level 1
                                                          printing too small to even hardly be able to read it using Adobe Reader 7.0
                                                          • 26. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                            Level 1
                                                            I was able to print by adding my network printer as a local printer on a TCP/IP port, then setting it as the Default Printer. Once I did that, I no longer received the "you need to install a printer" message with Acrobat Reader 8.1 on Vista.
                                                            • 27. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                              Level 1
                                                              I can only print one page at a time using Adobe 8.0. Will not print all pages in a document at once. I am using Windows XP printing to an HP Laserjet 4050. No problems print Word/Excel documents properly, large or small. Anyone have a solution?
                                                              • 28. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                Level 1
                                                                I used to be able to print from Adobe Reader 8.1 (Vista Home Premium OS) to my HP ColorLaserJet 3500, but it suddenly stopped working yesterday. It isn't the printer driver, because all other programs still print. Suggestions?
                                                                Thanks!!
                                                                • 29. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                  Level 1
                                                                  HELP!!!!!!! I have same problem.... I have a Canon ImageRunner C3220 with the latest driver installed, it works great on all documents except PDFs. All PDFs print all screwed up with BOLD or scrambledd letters, if I print the same PDF to any other printer it comes out right if I print the word version of the same document to the Canon it comes out right. Why will PDFs not print right on this printer? Canon tech support says it is Adobe's problem this is proven by the fact all other kinds of docs print right. Please help me I'm going crazy.....
                                                                  • 30. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                    Level 1
                                                                    I have adobe 8 can not print apdf file using hp1350 all in one It seems that the view in is to large to see the print icons or none existant using xp
                                                                    • 31. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                      Level 1
                                                                      I also cannot print in Adobe 8. When I choose print, print option box appears and when applied to constantly goes to a "print to filee" output box.

I have uninstalled, and attempted to repair.

The only way I can print is to save as a text file and print in Word.
                                                                      • 32. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                        Level 1
                                                                        I cannot print a pdf file using hp1350 there is no visiable print comand
                                                                        • 33. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                          (Aandi_Inston) Level 1
                                                                          >there is no visiable print comand comand

You mean File > Print is not there in the File menu?

Aandi Inston
                                                                          • 34. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                            Level 1
                                                                            This printing problem is obviously not getting solved. I keep getting a message when I print (after the print dialogue box pops up and I hit print) that I need to specify an output file, and no file name that I have tried allows me to print. This problem has only begun in the past few days. I cannot print in any format from Adobe Reader 8.1. This is really starting to be a huge problem because I cannot print articles that I need for school. I have even tried uninstalling and redownloading Reader, to no avail. Anyone have a clue about what to do?
                                                                            • 35. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                              Level 1
                                                                              > I keep getting a message when I print (after the print dialogue box pops up and I hit print) that I need to specify an output file, and no file name that I have tried allows me to print.

You need to uncheck the box in the Print dialog window that says "print to file"
                                                                              • 36. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                                (Aandi_Inston) Level 1
                                                                                >This printing problem is obviously not getting solved.

Obviously.

>I keep getting a message when I print (after the print dialogue box pops up and I hit print) that I need to specify an output file

It couldn't be your error, then? It isn't that you have clicked
                                                                                "Print to file"?

Aandi Inston
                                                                                • 37. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                                  Level 1
                                                                                  Sincere thanks for the assistance. That was the issue.
                                                                                  • 38. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                                    Level 1
                                                                                    I am a Mac user (OS X 10.4.10, iMac G5).

Previously I used adobe reader (AR) 7.X version and had no problems.

After the upgrade to AR 8.0, my printer just used to stop in the middle of printing.

This morning I just brought up one PDF, which had a printing problem with AR 8.0 using AR 7.0 and my printer did not stop.

Everything was fine.

My question is how to uninstall that AR 8.0.

I could not find the way to uninstall so just put the AR 8.0 whole folder into the trash can.

I use Endnote X for Mac too.

The PDFs ,which got downloaded through AR 8.0 in the past time and also connected to my Endnote X database too, did not show up.

Everything was gone.

So I restored the folder to the original location, everything came back.

One more time, my questions are ....

1) How to uninstall that AR 8.0 without causing that problem with Endnote stuff?

2) If it is almost impossible, how to make my AR 7.0 as the default program instead of AR 8.0?

I need your help.
                                                                                    • 39. Re: Printing adobe 8
                                                                                      Level 1
                                                                                      I am a Mac user (OS X 10.4.10, iMac G5).

Previously I used adobe reader (AR) 7.X version and had no problems.

After the upgrade to AR 8.0, my printer just used to stop in the middle of printing.

This morning I just brought up one PDF, which had a printing problem with AR 8.0, through AR 7.0 and my printer did not stop.

Everything was fine.

My question is how to uninstall that AR 8.0.

I could not find the way to uninstall so just put the AR 8.0 whole folder into the trash can.

I use Endnote X for Mac too.

The PDFs ,which got downloaded through AR 8.0 in the past time and also connected to my Endnote X database, did not show up.

Everything was gone.

So I restored the folder to the original location, everything came back.

One more time, my questions are ....

1) How to uninstall that AR 8.0 without causing that problem with Endnote stuff?

2) If it is almost impossible, how to make my AR 7.0 as the default program instead of AR 8.0?

I need your help.
                                                                                      1 2 3 Previous Next