26 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2015 7:01 AM by ashutoshmehra RSS

Can't print: "Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document,

Community Member
      Hello,

I have searched these forums but have not found a solution to my problem.

I recently purchased an IOGear USB Print Server (print server only, not USB device server). I was having issues installing and followed a Microsoft support document to try and resolve the issue. It had me remove some entries from the registry.

Hours later, I was able to get the printer installed and working, but I do not know if it was a result of the registry tweak. But now that it has been installed, I cannot get anything to print from Acrobat Reader (I have tried 7.0 and 8.1.1). I get the following error message:

"Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer."

Is there something I should check in the registry to make sure that it will work? I do know for sure that it was working when it was just the printer and drivers installed, it only happened after running the print server setup. I have already tried removing the printers and drivers from the system.

Thanks,

Braden