This content has been marked as final. Show 13 replies
If you get the errors described above, you cannot uninstall the usual way because the cached msi/mst/msp in "C:\Windows\Installer" is corrupt or missing. Also, you possibly cannot update if you accidentally deleted the cached install sources from "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Setup Files\...".
You can use brute force methods by using the windows installer cleanup tools (MSIZAP.EXE).
I have the same problem, 'error 1316 a network error 7.70 msi' ongoing for some time ...i can't use PDF, unintstall, reinstall, nothing - I also get 'error 1311 source file not found....' this is so frustrating - and I'm scared to use heavy handed solutions as I dont have computer know how, do I buy a new computer?
Earlier Adobe Readers have been "Corrupted"
1. Open Browser (I use Google)
2. Type in "WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY"
3. When results appear look for "support,microsoft.com DESCRIPTION OF WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY"------CLICK
4. When page opens, SCROLL down to "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility Cleanup"-----CLICK
5. When "File download-Security Warning" box appears-----CLICK "RUN"
6. After download completes,--Open "PROGRAMS" on your computer
and look for "WINDOWS INSTALL CLEANUP"---CLICK to open
7. When box opens, look for 8.1.1 or any "Adobe Reader" (I don't know which version you have installed)-----CLICK to "HIGHLIGHT"
CAUTION-----DO NOT HIGHLIGHT ANY OTHER PROGRAM---CAUTION
8. At bottom of BOX ----CLICK "REMOVE"
9. Go back to "CONTROL PANEL"-"ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"---Adobe Reader should have been removed
10. Now download "ADOBE READER 8.1.2" From Adobe
THIS IS NOT USING "BRUTE FORCE" or "HEAVY HANDED" Methods
Hi when I am trying to open pdf file it opens the page showing error & close the application.
When I tried to reinstall it by uninstalling the old one it shows the message that I need to enter an alternate path containing the installation package acroread.msi package installation.
Please advice me how to sort it out.
I uninstalled version 8.12 before trying to install version 9.
When trying to install version 9 - it said that i had a acroread.msi file missing.
I installed WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY on Windows XP and removed the Adobe files found.
There is no Adobe reader program installed - i checked via Add/remove programs under the control panel
I still cannot install any version. Version 8.0 says that i have a new one installed. Version 8.12 and version 9.0 both say that i still have acroread.msi missing.
I cannot solve how to install version 9