We have the same issue. when trying to print 1800 Invoices within one PDF file acrobat reader version 9 essentially locks up and it takes Hours to print.
If we specify the job in 200-300 page lots the printing is almost as fast as Adobe reader 7 used to be.
We are currently looking at removing Version 9 and going back to 7..
going to version 9 was not a good upgrade...
I've seen similar issues. I've solved them ... kinda. There's a difference in handling of non-PS and PS printers. Try this:
- PS printers: fastest print: Advanced, print as image.
- non-PS prnt: fastest print: don't use 'print as image', use draft printing in Properties of printer.
Hope this helps
We have the same issue with a P2015 printer using the latest and second latest PS driver, I'm trying to print a 3 page 78KB file, and it's taking about 6 minutes to print the first page, another 6 minutes for the second and third page.
I've experienced this with other PDF documents too, not all. I would be happy to provide a .pdf sample if anyone wants.
If Adobe Acrobat Reader prints slowly try the following:
1. Open a PDF file
2. From the menu, select File > Print
3. From the dialog displayed, click on the Advanced button at the bottom
4. On the Advanced Print Setup dialog, make sure that “Let printer determine colors” is CHECKED.
5. Click OK and OK to print the document.
This worked for me.
We are also having slow printing problems with 9.0...How can we reinstall 8.0? Thanks