3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 11:37 AM by (desta_elliott)

Converting PDF to Word

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and it has been working pretty nice, but I have run into a problem that I can't seem to fix and/or figure out. I have made a file using Adobe InDesign CS3 and have converted it to a PDF and it looks fine, but when I try to convert the PDF to a Word Document everything goes wrong. I end up with pages that have different parts of the page in different areas and it is impossible to rearrange the locations. What am I doing wrong? I am making these pages into Word Documents because I need to send them out to be read over and edited. They do not have InDesign and need the pages in a Word Document format so they can edit the text, but I can't get any of the pages converted correctly to be edited. Can anyone give me a few pointers or does Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro not convert PDF documents with numerous frames?
        • 1. Re: Converting PDF to Word
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >What am I doing wrong?

You're trying to convert an apple to duck. Word doesn't have anything in common with InDesign so you can't expect a clean conversion. Even if you originally had a Word doc that you PDF'd, going back to Wrod from the PDF isn't exactly flawless.

I would recommend since you have Pro, to enable the PDF for commenting so they can write down their edits in the PDF and send them back to you.
          • 2. Re: Converting PDF to Word
            Converting Word to PDF and Inserting into another PDF file problem

I have Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional and am having trouble maintaining the integrity documents converted from a word doc to a PDF. I individually converted the word docs to a PDF and checked that they converted properly. The problem comes when I try to insert this newly converted PDF into another PDF file...then...it loses the intergrity, formatting of the document and has garbled text in parts of the PDF.

Please help!
            • 3. Re: Converting PDF to Word
              I have Adobe 9 Pro. I loaded a simple, 1 page PDF file(70Kb). I tried exporting and file/save as to MS Word 2003. When I tried loading the file, MS Word 2003 hangs.

What am I missing