This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
I am trying to remove Abobe 7.0.8. but I recieve a error message.....
"This patch package could not be opend. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installr patch package."
I cannot upgrade or remove so I'm in a do-loop.
I am having the same problem with Adobe Reader 8.1.1. Please tell me how to resolve this problem. I am unable to download or print any pdf files I have saved. HURRY! This is NOT SOMETHING WE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR TO GET RESOLVED.
What do mean by you are not able to download files you have saved? That doesn't make sense.
What exactly happens when you attempt to print or can you open any files at all?
Try downloading and running the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility. That normally clears up that sort of issue.
Same answer for you.
Thank you for your suggestion. I downloaded Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility and ran it. Unfortunately, my problem continues. Do you have any other suggestions? As you might have already surmised, I am not a computer genius.
log on as admin and rename your profile under documents and settings, then log back in as yourself.
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried it and still have the same problem. Any other thoughts?
maybe remove it, ensure folder no longer exist, then do profile
I just tried to remove it and this is the message I get: This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." What now??
Found the answer guys and it's easy. Look for Augustine's instructions under Remove Adobe 8.1.1 using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Search for Installer using Google. It worked for me.
1. Open Browser
2. Type in "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility"
3. Wnen Results appear, look for "support,microsoft.com DESCRIPTION OF WINDOWS INSTALL CLEANUP UTILITY"---------Click
4. When page opens, scroll down to "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.-------Click
(You Can Read Instructions or Not)
5. When "File Download-Security Warning" box appears,---Click-RUN
6. After download completes,Open "PROGRAMS" and look for 'WINDOWS INSTALL CLEANUP"-----Click to Open
7. When "box" opens, look for ADOBE READER (Version you have)----Click(highlight) CAUTION!!!!DO NOT HIGHLIGHT ANY OTHER PROGRAM!!!!!
8. At bottom of "Box"----Click "REMOVE"
9. Go Back to "CONTROL PANEL-ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS"--Adobe Reader should not be there.
10.Go to "START"-"SEARCH"-"FILES/FOLDERS"--Delete any remaing Adobe Folders.-Delete any Icons on screen,Empty "Recycle Bin",-Reboot.
11 Download Adobe of your choice
Carl and Rod,
Thank you so much for your advice. It worked. I was slow in responding to you since I had other issues with my computer. They also are solved. Thanks again for the generous sharing of your knowledge.