8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2008 6:25 AM by (Les_Woolsey)

Problem with form created in Accrobat 9 opening in Reader 9 (Works in Reader 8.1.2)

I created a form using Acrobat 9 and Adobe LifeCycle Designer ES 8.2. It works great on my PC running Adobe 8.1.2. It also works correctly when accessed on a flash drive. Additionally, it opens correctly on my wife's PC running Reader 8.1.2 regardless of how it was transferred. (Worked via flash, network copy/paste to desktop, and as an email attachment).

The problem is, on my laptop, and work computers running Adobe Reader 9.0, attempting to open the file generated the following error window to appear, once you click "OK" on the error, the form fields are no longer accessible. The error is as follows:

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

I re-opened the form in LifeCycle and optimized it for Adobe Reader 9.0 and higher; but the error persists. The only difference it makes is now when the form is opened on the Reader 8.1.2 machines, it generates first a window for downloading Reader 9.0, and then a compatability warning. Clicking cancel on the download and ignoring the warning results in a form that is still usable and that can be saved. On the Reader 9.0 machines, even after optimized for 9.0 and higher, the above error still persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks in advance :)