2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2008 12:44 PM by (Mildred_Wyman)

PDF opens at wrong page

When I save a document as a PDF, the PDF appears automatically. The problem is that it opens at p. 43--or some page other than the title page. In the Open PDF document on Page" field I have put 1, but it doesn't seem to matter. It does seem to open at the same page each time. Is there another preference or setting I need to check? I've never encountered this before. I use Acrobat 7.0 Professional. Thanks for any help--
        • 1. Re: PDF opens at wrong page
          Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Disable the entry 'Restore last view settings when reopening documents' in the preferences of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
          • 2. Re: PDF opens at wrong page
            Level 1
            Bernd--Thanks for your help. I couldn't find the entry you described but you did give me some ideas about other places to look. I discovered that the initial view of a PDF is set in the Document Properties. Open the document, click Document Properties, and go to the Initial View tab. There is a field there that says "Open to Page Number ___ of <total number of pages>. Type 1 in the blank and click OK, then save the document, then re-open it for the change to take effect.<br /><br />I hope this is helpful to others. Thanks again--