This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
try this is you are comfortable working in the Registry. Your settings for exe files need to be re-established:
1. Launch Notepad by clicking on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad
2. Enter the following into Notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 6.00
3. Click on the File Menu and select Save As
4. From the Save as Type drop down select All Files
5. Change the File Name to Exe.reg
6. Save the file to the Desktop and then close Notepad.
7. Double-click the Exe.reg file. Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide proper confirmation.
8. Click Yes, and then click OK in response to the registry prompts.
9. Restart your Computer
10. You should be sure to delete the Exe.reg file after resolving this issue.
I have same symptoms, but am not versed in Registry. Did his suggestion work and is there a simpler solution? thanks