4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 5:28 AM by ~graffiti

Download Challenge

Level 1
      Prior to going on vacation I took my computer to a fellow to transfer programs from my computer to my external hard drive due to my near capacity on C drive. After returning I tried to open Reader but I am unable to. I get two error messages: 1) Acrobat failed to load its core DLL
      2) The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

I also found that my "repairman" has closed up shop and gone to work in the oil patch. His phone is disconnected. I have no available resource in town to help me with this challenge. I have downloaded Reader 9.0 it seems, as the screen shows it downloaded. However, I can't install it or run it. I have a CD of Photoshop Elements 6 that has Reader Version 8 on it, but when I try to download it, I get the Core DLL message. The network error message comes when I try to download version 9. I am NOT a technical guy and have no clue how to resolve this challenge, and believe me, I have tried many times to download and install Reader Version 9, and also Version 8. When I phoned Adobe, they referred me to this forum. Is anyone able to help me????

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.