10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2010 9:07 PM by Brad Lawryk

wordpress plugin

joeq Level 1
      i'm posting this here because i know a lot of you guys use wordpress... and because the wordpress support site/forum blows.

does anyone know a plugin (or some other technique) that will automatically embed some text with a link (ie, Click here to order my book on Amazon.") into the bottom of every post?

thanks.
        • 1. Re: wordpress plugin
          Level 7
          Have you modifed the template at all, or are you using one out of the box?

You can easily go into the file that calls the post and add the text (or an
          include if you think you'll want to change it often) at the bottom of each
          post.

Or you could try this plugin (which I haven't tried, so I can't vouch for it
          other than it claims to do what you want).

Mad Dog

joeq wrote:
          > i'm posting this here because i know a lot of you guys use
          > wordpress... and because the wordpress support site/forum blows.
          >
          > does anyone know a plugin (or some other technique) that will
          > automatically embed some text with a link (ie, Click here to order my
          > book on Amazon.") into the bottom of every post?
          >
          > thanks.

• 2. Re: wordpress plugin
            joeq Level 1
            i've modified the crap out of it - so i'm not sure if your first suggestion will work.... and i'm not sure what you mean by "go into the file that calls the post". what file is that?

also, there was no link to the plugin that you allude to. what's it called?

thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            Have you modifed the template at all, or are you using one out of the box?

You can easily go into the file that calls the post and add the text (or an
            include if you think you'll want to change it often) at the bottom of each
            post.

Or you could try this plugin (which I haven't tried, so I can't vouch for it
            other than it claims to do what you want).

Mad Dog

joeq wrote:
            > i'm posting this here because i know a lot of you guys use
            > wordpress... and because the wordpress support site/forum blows.
            >
            > does anyone know a plugin (or some other technique) that will
            > automatically embed some text with a link (ie, Click here to order my
            > book on Amazon.") into the bottom of every post?
            >
            > thanks.

• 3. Re: wordpress plugin
              Level 7
              Sorry:

http://www.freetimefoto.com/add_post_footer_plugin_wordpress

joeq wrote:
              > i've modified the crap out of it - so i'm not sure if your first
              > suggestion will work.... and i'm not sure what you mean by "go into
              > the file that calls the post". what file is that?
              >
              > also, there was no link to the plugin that you allude to. what's it
              > called?
              >
              > thanks.
              >
              >
              quote:

> Have you modifed the template at all, or are you using one out of the
              > box?
              >
              > You can easily go into the file that calls the post and add the text
              > (or an include if you think you'll want to change it often) at the
              > bottom of each post.
              >
              > Or you could try this plugin (which I haven't tried, so I can't vouch
              > for it other than it claims to do what you want).
              >
              > Mad Dog
              >
              > joeq wrote:
              >> i'm posting this here because i know a lot of you guys use
              >> wordpress... and because the wordpress support site/forum blows.
              >>
              >> does anyone know a plugin (or some other technique) that will
              >> automatically embed some text with a link (ie, Click here to order my
              >> book on Amazon.") into the bottom of every post?
              >>
              >> thanks.
              >
              >
              >

• 4. Re: wordpress plugin
                Level 7
                Have you modified the index.php page? That's usually the one that has the
                info for your basic post listing (though single.php, page.php and others can
                too). If you check out where it adds the post and before the posting date,
                tag and other stuff is (postmetadata), you should be able to just put the
                line you want and it will appear on all postings.

MD

joeq wrote:
                >
                > called?
                >
                > thanks.
                >
                >
                quote:

> box?
                >
                > bottom of each post.
                >
                >
                > Mad Dog
                >
                > joeq wrote:
                >>
                >>
                >> thanks.
                >
                >
                >

• 5. Re: wordpress plugin
                  joeq Level 1
                  worked like a charm - thanks!

quote:

Have you modified the index.php page? That's usually the one that has the
                  info for your basic post listing (though single.php, page.php and others can
                  too). If you check out where it adds the post and before the posting date,
                  tag and other stuff is (postmetadata), you should be able to just put the
                  line you want and it will appear on all postings.

MD

joeq wrote:
                  >
                  > called?
                  >
                  > thanks.
                  >
                  >
                  quote:

> box?
                  >
                  > bottom of each post.
                  >
                  >
                  > Mad Dog
                  >
                  > joeq wrote:
                  >>
                  >>
                  >> thanks.
                  >
                  >
                  >

• 6. Re: wordpress plugin
                    Level 7
                    You're welcome!

joeq wrote:
                    > worked like a charm - thanks!
                    >
                    >
                    quote:

> Have you modified the index.php page? That's usually the one that has
                    > the info for your basic post listing (though single.php, page.php and
                    > others can too). If you check out where it adds the post and before
                    > the posting date, tag and other stuff is (postmetadata), you should
                    > be able to just put the line you want and it will appear on all
                    > postings.
                    >
                    > MD
                    >
                    >
                    > joeq wrote:
                    >> i've modified the crap out of it - so i'm not sure if your first
                    >> suggestion will work.... and i'm not sure what you mean by "go into
                    >> the file that calls the post". what file is that?
                    >>
                    >> also, there was no link to the plugin that you allude to. what's it
                    >> called?
                    >>
                    >> thanks.
                    >>
                    >>
                    quote:

>> Have you modifed the template at all, or are you using one out of the
                    >> box?
                    >>
                    >> You can easily go into the file that calls the post and add the text
                    >> (or an include if you think you'll want to change it often) at the
                    >> bottom of each post.
                    >>
                    >> Or you could try this plugin (which I haven't tried, so I can't vouch
                    >> for it other than it claims to do what you want).
                    >>
                    >> Mad Dog
                    >>
                    >> joeq wrote:
                    >>> i'm posting this here because i know a lot of you guys use
                    >>> wordpress... and because the wordpress support site/forum blows.
                    >>>
                    >>> does anyone know a plugin (or some other technique) that will
                    >>> automatically embed some text with a link (ie, Click here to order
                    >>> my book on Amazon.") into the bottom of every post?
                    >>>
                    >>> thanks.
                    >>
                    >>
                    >>

>
                    >
                    >

• 7. Re: wordpress plugin
                      Level 7
                      One thing.....make sure you change that in any pages that may be special,
                      like page.php, single.php, archive.php that you use in your site.

MD

joeq wrote:
                      >
                      >
                      quote:

> postings.
                      >
                      > MD
                      >
                      >
                      > joeq wrote:
                      >>
                      >> called?
                      >>
                      >> thanks.
                      >>
                      >>
                      quote:

>> box?
                      >>
                      >> bottom of each post.
                      >>
                      >>
                      >> Mad Dog
                      >>
                      >> joeq wrote:
                      >>>
                      >>>
                      >>> thanks.
                      >>
                      >>
                      >>

>
                      >
                      >

• 8. Re: wordpress plugin
                        joeq Level 1
                        noted - thanks again.

quote:

One thing.....make sure you change that in any pages that may be special,
                        like page.php, single.php, archive.php that you use in your site.

MD

joeq wrote:
                        >
                        >
                        quote:

> postings.
                        >
                        > MD
                        >
                        >
                        > joeq wrote:
                        >>
                        >> called?
                        >>
                        >> thanks.
                        >>
                        >>
                        quote:

>> box?
                        >>
                        >> bottom of each post.
                        >>
                        >>
                        >> Mad Dog
                        >>
                        >> joeq wrote:
                        >>>
                        >>>
                        >>> thanks.
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>

>
                        >
                        >

• 9. Re: wordpress plugin
                          fort worth funeral homes

Hi.  Does anybody know a good plugin for theming wordpress in adobe dreamweaver CS5?

Would be glad to know kindly post a reply here thanks.

• 10. Re: wordpress plugin
                            Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You shouldn't need a plugin for Wordpress in CS5. Its built into CS5.

Creating a WordPress theme with Dreamweaver – Part 1: Learning the basics | Adobe Developer Connection http://bit.ly/bIq7WD

But if you really want an extension (I havn't tried it so don't know how good it is or if it works in CS5)

Customizing WordPress themes with Dreamweaver http://bit.ly/d11rwg

Brad Lawryk

Adobe Community Professional: Dreamweaver

Northern British Columbia Adobe Usergroup: Manager

Thompson Rivers University: Dreamweaver Instructor

My Adobe Blog: http://blog.lawryk.com