1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2008 1:49 PM by ~graffiti

Adobe Reader 9 download and install questions-bear with me here

I just uninstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.2 Update and Adobe Reader 6.0.1. Will I need to download the Windows Install Clean Up utility to clean out the old files before Adobe Reader 9 will install correctly, or am I exempt from that with version 6?
      Bear with me here. When I clicked on the Download button for Adobe Reader 9, I was instructed that if a dialog box appeared with the option to run or save, click run. Normally when downloading from the Internet, I choose the option to save, and not knowing the best way to proceed, I cancelled the download. Is it best to run this, as instructed, rather than save it?
      I'm using dial up. Approx. how long will it take to download Adobe Reader 9?

Joyce D.
        • 1. Re: Adobe Reader 9 download and install questions-bear with me here
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >Will I need to download the Windows Install Clean Up utility to clean out the old files before Adobe Reader 9 will install correctly

You may not have to but, it wouldn't hurt. Generally, you should use the utility if the install doesn't work.

>Is it best to run this, as instructed, rather than save it?

Either way it doesn't matter. You are downloading the installer rather than the entire application. At the time you choose to run it, it will need to access the internet to get the rest of the files.

>Approx. how long will it take to download Adobe Reader 9?

Can't help you there, depends on the speed of your connection. The entire application installer is around 25MB.

If you'd rather, you can always download the entire installer from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/enu/AdbeRdr90_en_US_Std.exe . With that, you can save it to your hard drive and run it later without needing an internet connection.