1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 12, 2008 4:22 PM by (michael_eisenman)

Automate Printing of a fillable form using Adobe reader

Level 1
      I am working on a project to automate the reporting of enrollment confirmations, etc. in a national service.
      I have written a C# program that connectd to a national service organization from a client machine and enrolls people as needed.

Occasionally , a list of names along with enrollment status, etc - is downloaded to the machine.

I am using ES Desiner and Adobe pro 9.0 to maintain some simple PDF forms that a C# program is filling out as each form is inspected, etc.

This currently works fine - printing one form on demand as needed.

I would like to move ahead one step in the automation sequence and allow the user to select which files to print from a list of files available and allow the program to simply fill out the form as needed - (it is already doing this) and print to the current default printer.
      it is my understanding that this is possible using the SDK and the standard reader - but I am having some difficulty in finding out just how to go about it.

Can you please direct me to where I would begin learning how to do this using the SDK and the adobe reader ?
        • 1. Re: Automate Printing of a fillable form using Adobe reader
          Level 1
          When i say : ("it is already doing this"), I mean that the C# program is already pre-filling a form - when the file is selected and the user loads the data to the form and it is being printed when the user decides to press the print button.

I would like to automate this sequence for the user so he/she doesn't have to do it manually , and doesn't have to do it one at a time - as it is done now -

I have been told that this is possible using the SDK and adobe reader but it is not exactly documented in a way that i can identify .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks