1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2008 2:24 PM by George_Johnson

Adobe Reader Commenting

I wanted to pick everyones brain on a subject that is haunting us in the cms. I dont think this is at all related to Sakai but is a nightmare we need to resolve. We post our powerpoints in a print pdf format which our students can take electronic notes on using either pdf annotator or adobe reader. In order to do this the file must be comment enabled.

In one of our online courses some students see the files as enabled while others see them as disabled. The course support staff has saved these files repeatedly, following the steps to allow commenting and still some of the students cannot take notes on them? I have one very frustrated course director and we cant figure out what is happening on a MAC the files are showing as disabled on a pc theyre showing (when you open the pdf file, you can right click on the file and choose properties and the file displays as comment enabled and works on most pcs in reader 8 and 9) youll need to have acrobat or reader installed to see the properties option on a pdf file. All the comment enabled files are showing as disabled for commenting on a mac.

Any ideas, thoughts, has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone use another product to create pdf files Ive always loved adobe products but Acrobat has been terrible lately. There isnt any real technical help through Adobe without purchasing a two year contract.

Thanks in advance for any insight.