1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2008 10:54 AM by NedKost

AIR App Installation Error

NedKost
      Hello,
      I have built an AIR application that links to a number of .pdf documents on the local file structure. I am trying to package the application for deployment, and continually get the following output in my AIR installation log:
      quote:

Starting app install of file:///C:/CoreExecutionGuide/CoreExecutionGuide.air
      UI SWF load is complete UI initialized
      Converting to C:\Documents and Settings\nkost\Local Settings\Temp\fla9.tmp Failed while converting AIR file:
      [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Signature Verification failed" errorID=0]
      Starting cleanup Installation exited

I do not think this error is related to the Signature because if I Export a Release Build without the .pdf documents folder (and all the documents in there), then the generated .air file will install without problems. If I try to include the .pdf documents with the AIR application build, then I get the error mentioned above. I am using a self generated certificate to sign my application. Is there a size limit on how much can be included in packaging an AIR app? Is there a way to get more information on what the problem is??

Thanks,
      -Ned