I'm hoping someone can help me. I never had any problems deploying different Adobe Reader versions using Microsoft SMS. But now I'm having a hard time getting version 8.1.3 installed over the network. For some reason I can only get the software to install "when a user is currently logged in". I'm trying to get the application to install during off peak hours. I've downloaded both exe and msi files and both have had the same result. The switches I use are
AdbeRdr813_en_US.exe /sAll /rs
I've also tried
AdbeRdr813_en_US.exe /sAll /rs /l /msi"/qb-! /norestart ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES"
I either asked a stupid question or stumped the so called experts not to get a simple response. Anyway I was finally able to deploy this update. Instead of using the exe file I downloaded the full version msi file, extracted it, created an admin share and pushed the extracted msi out to my clients. I didn't think I have to do this for a simple Adobe Reader install. Whatever works I guess.