1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2008 5:38 PM by (HugoProfirio)

Converting Open Office doc to pdf Issue

Im using Acrobat Reader 9 on a windows vista pc and converted an open office document into pdf format. I noticed that the imported images in the document were a little distorted insider the pdf view of Acrobat Reader 9.

I opened the same pdf file inside an older version of Acrobat on a windows xp pc and the images look how they should.

My question is, is there a reported issue with Vista or Open Office with Acrobat Reader 9? Maybe with regard to converted documents.

It could be a graphics card issue (GeForce 8600GS) but my other office applications work fine and display okay - Visio and stand-alone Open Office.

Thanks for any reply?
        • 1. Re: Converting Open Office doc to pdf Issue
          Level 1
          Further observations - image seems to be corrected or at least looks better at 118% as opposed to what I was originally viewing it on at 100%. I guess a question is - can pdfs distort at different %'s?

I also tested the conversion on Acrobat.com so it doesnt appear to be Open Offices' conversion system.

-not the first issue Ive had with this , always seems to be the image Ive inserted into the Open Office Document though ; sometimes having two pdfs open can distort this image also.

Either an Acrobat issue with Vista or maybe my gfx card?!