1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2009 10:45 PM by (Ninja_Duck)

Setting Font and Resource Policy via script/registry

Hi All,

A few of our printers need to have the Font and Resource Policy set to "Send for each page" in order for all pages of a PDF to print.

The question I have, is there some way to set this via a registry setting or a script?

We would like to check and modify this setting as part of the login script we run when a user logs in.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Cheers
        • 1. Re: Setting Font and Resource Policy via script/registry
          b REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\9.0\Originals" /v bOptimizePSForSpeed /d 0 /t REG_DWORD /f

(^_^) Thought I'd respond to you via a forum across the ocean instead of toddle the 5 metres over to your cubicle, LoL

(o_O) Not sure why we were not capturing this entry via the snapshot method though.

Have fun & mung beans,
          Duck.

--

i ps: for anyone else reading this in regards to a product other than Reader 9...

i The "Acrobat Reader" substring in the registry key should be interchangable with "Adobe Acrobat" (colloquially known as the Writer), and "9.0" interchangable with "8.0" and possibly "7.0" - note this is a base version and will always end in ".0"

i Just check your own registry and alter the address accordingly. :D