1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 10:56 PM by pwillener

Free Reader 9 hangs MOST of time

Almost every time I open Reader 9 it hangs. Actually called the paid tech support line and got sme Adobe tech support. The Tech and I tried everything to get Reader 9 to work. Last time on call I was able to print 1 page from LOD files "Customer, Name..." on the Adobe website, so tech figured it was over and we hung up. Subsequently I had same problems and called tech support back today, and was willing to pay $39, but was told that "THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR FREE READER YOU MUST GO TO ADOBE FORUM FOR HELP" so here I am....

MY COMPUTER IS: HP Pavillion m5680n W/ 2 Intel Core 6400 processors @2.13MHz; 2 GB RAM; OPERATING SYSTEM IS: XP Media Edition SP3 all up to date.
      I Began having problems when downloaded Adobe Reader 9. Had been using an earlier version (don't remember which) and began having problems looking at Adobe pdf files so figured I'd better accept upgrade which was being suggested by Adobe when I couldn't read files. Now I can sometimes LOOK at 4 mb + pdf files but can't print from them. Other times, even paging through a document hangs Reader9. This is true whether I am online using Firefox 2.00.20 or most up-to-date IE-7 or trying to look at or print pdf files on my hard disk which had been saved in earlier versions and with which I previously had no problems reading and printing.

Anybody having similar problems? Suggestions? HELP! Need access to pdf files on HD and w/o company tech support at any price I'm now stuck!