1. Start Reader. If you also have Acrobat do this as well as there may be a conflict between both programs.
2. Choose Edit from the menu, then Preferences
3. In the Preferences dialog box, select Internet
4. Clear the Display PDF in browser box
5. Click OK
6. Exit Reader and/or Acrobat
It should work, I had the same problem and it worked for me.
I have the same problem, so I tried your suggestion, but it unforunately did not work. Any other ideas?
Thank you. It looks thorough and helpful. I had in the meantime done the
following: I was suspecting that the problem had started after I had
installed a trial version of Babylon, a multilingual dictionary. So I
uninstalled it, then I launched RegCure, a software that checks and corrects
registries. Adobe Reader now opens the Internet PDF files as before. The
link you sent is nevertheless useful and confirms that the cause may be
related to a registry malfunction.
Getting same problem - using Vista and Acrobat 9 - have seen the tech note but worried about using reg cure as not a tech person. Is this fairly fail safe ?
Sorted - not sure how but tried so much I have lost track of what I have done but its working !!! yippee - part of a posting response to Mary Smith's posting.