9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 11:59 PM by faesar

Adobe 9 opens PDF online only in admin account

Okay, this is very strange and I've tried the last two days to figure this out:) Probably something very easy that I overlooked. This is what happens...

It is not ALL PDF docs that don't display. Most do. But there's a military web site to view fitness reports that only downloads and displays PDF docs in admin mode. When I click on the PDF document in user account it opens a new page and appears to be downloading the PDF to be displayed. But then, the browser only displays a blank white page and says "Done" in the bottom status bar of the browser. Now when I'm in admin account... It opens up no questions asked.

This is what I have done so far. I have tried unchecking the "Display PDF in browser", uninstalled 9.0 and reinstalled, uninstalled acrobat(have not reinstalled), uninstalled 9.0 and installed 8.1.3, deleted the 2 registry folders that adobe recommends and repaired it...

I believe that's all I've done so far. Is there an access problem? Maybe plugins? But I'm almost positive user account has the adobe plugin because it can open other PDF docs from the web with no problem...

I'd appreciate any advice. I havn't read many problems like this one out there. Someone posted this very problem on experts exchange but no one answered. Said he fixed it by rolling back to 8.0 and that didn't work for me:(