3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 5:59 PM by ~graffiti

Emailing a Filled Out Form

squirmywormy6 Level 1
      If a user has Acrobat Reader, and they fill out a form, can they email the filled out form? I tested it and it didn't work. Is there something I need to do in the Form to allow this with Acrobat Professional? In security, I've allowed for all, printing, saving, etc...

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Emailing a Filled Out Form
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >Is there something I need to do in the Form to allow this with Acrobat Professional?

Yes. You need to enable the file to allow Reader users to save the form first.

Advanced>Enable usage rights in Adobe Reader...
          • 2. Re: Emailing a Filled Out Form
            BuzzMega Level 1

Hmm. There seems to be no "Advanced" item in the current Adobe Reader. Nor its Preferences.

Are you talking about Acrobat, which does have an Advanced header item?

If so, how does this enable the form to be filled out, then returned and/or saved?

Setting up a form is very opaque to me.

• 3. Re: Emailing a Filled Out Form
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It needs to be done in Acrobat.

Open the PDF in Acrobat and use Advanced>Enable usage rights in Adobe Reader.

That will give special rights to that particular PDF that will allow Reader users to fill it out and save it. Then they can attach it to an email and send it back.

One thing to keep in mind with this type of enabled form is that there is a limit to how many times it can be used.

You can either send it to 500 people and collect it from them an indefinite amount of times or you can send it to as many people as you want but can only collect data 500 times.

If you need to know more about that, I believe all of the text on that is in the Acrobat userlicense agreement, section 15.13.something.