1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2009 3:43 AM by David Batson

Can't get pdf to open in lyteframe window

I am using lytebox in my updated website, and one of the lyteframe boxes was to open and frame a pdf file. I had it working in IE, but couldn't get it to work in firefox. It was always forcing me to save the file and wouldn't let me open it.

I gave up on FF and redownloaded Reader 9 to see if I could get it fixed. I still couldn't get the pdf to open inside the frame in FF, but at least it opens in a new window now. Unfortunately now I can't get it to open inside the frame in IE. The javascript works and a frame opens up, but as soon as it opens, the pdf opens in a new window, leaving a blank, white filled empty frame below.

In Reader I have "display PDF in browser" selected, and in IE I have "reuse windows for launching shortcuts" selected in the advanced options settings selected. I don't know what else to do. I have deleted and reinstalled Reader 9, and I still have the same problem, and I also reset IE7 in case it was the problem. It still keeps doing the same thing.

If I can't get this fixed, I'm just going to switch it to html text with a pdf link at the bottom to print, but I would much prefer to just have it link to the original pdf.

thanks in advance for any help you can offer.