3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 12:00 PM by (Jennifer_Info)

Use Adobe Reader to Save Form Data

I use Acrobat 8 Professional to create several forms and enabled usage rights in Adobe Reader so that my users can save the form data locally using Adobe Reader 7 or higher. My questions are: (1.)Is there a limit to saving the form data? For example, the form can only be save 500 times per form or is it unlimited. (2.)If there is a limit to saving the form like 500 times, can the same form be recreated and the limit of 500 starts all over again? (3.)Do I need to purchase a license to save these form data? (4.)How many forms can have enable usage rights in Adobe Reader per Adobe Acrobat professional? The reason why i'm asking these questions is because I want to be in compliance with the Adobe license. My users don't have Adobe Acrobat Professional, but would like to use Adobe Reader to save the form data.
        • 1. Re: Use Adobe Reader to Save Form Data
          Level 1
          Please help...any information regarding the limited use of saving data on a form would be greatly appreciated.
          • 2. Re: Use Adobe Reader to Save Form Data
            ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            >(1.)Is there a limit to saving the form data?

It is my understanding that you can harvest data from a form 500 times whether that be from one user of 500 users.

>(2.)If there is a limit to saving the form like 500 times, can the same form be recreated and the limit of 500 starts all over again

You'd probably be walking on thin ice by trying that. Could be a loophole but maybe not.

>(3.)Do I need to purchase a license to save these form data?

Not if you stay within the limit that is stated in the EULA.

>(4.)How many forms can have enable usage rights in Adobe Reader per Adobe Acrobat professional?

Different forms? As far as I know there is no limit to the amount of different forms you use.

In my opinion, if you think you are going to go anywhere near the limitations of the EULA, consult with your attorney before proceeding. The form enabling function was never intended for large business use. Adobe has another, more costly, solution for that.
            • 3. Re: Use Adobe Reader to Save Form Data
              Level 1
              Thank You Graffiti..