3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 8:33 AM by ~graffiti

how do i do PDF?

(Benjy_Harhar)
      I have never created a PDF. I need to create a data base and send it out by email. I am trying to
      create this pdf by using Acrobat Reader. Wrong? No can do?

The tool in which I am working is Photoshop into which I paste my list, format, put in a graphic.
      But the pages are like 5-8mg and I expect to have up to 20 pages when finished. Obviously I need a nother program that is smaller. But what program?

I've looked thru these posts and need to find out how to do a simple PDF. Is there a tutorial somewhere on the basics or can someone provide the basic steps that would get me started?

Much appreciated if you can!

Benjy
        • 1. Re: how do i do PDF?
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          >Wrong? No can do?

No can do. Not with Reader.

What version of Photoshop are you using? There may be ways to ower the file size using that but really, that's totally the wrong application to be building something like this.

You want to do image manipulation in Photoshop but you need to use a desktop publishing application like InDesign to put everything together if you want small file sizes.
          • 2. Re: how do i do PDF?
            (Benjy_Harhar) Level 1
            thanks graffiti,

On my old machine i now discover i have acrobat 5. Old but should be able to handle
            a file list. Now, the only word processing program i have is Notepad. Can't i import a notepad file into Acrobat 5 and build from there?
            thanks again, b
            • 3. Re: how do i do PDF?
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              >Now, the only word processing program i have is Notepad.

I doubt Notepad has the ability to do what you want. It's a simple text application that won't work with images. Other than that yes, you "could" create something in Notepad then print (not import in to) it to a PDF.

Microsoft Word would be even better than that tough.