2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 1:27 AM by SaGS (id)

How to open same document in multiple Reader windows?

(Suan_Aik_Yeo)
      I'm sure many of you have encountered this before:

You want to view 2 different parts of the same document at the same time, so you try to open another instance of the PDF in Adobe Reader, but alas, it just brings you back to the current instance of that PDF you have open...

So far the only way I have come up with to get around this is to make a copy of that PDF under a new name and open THAT, or open the PDF in Firefox. Is there no better way to accomplish this simple task?

Thanks for your help!
        • 1. Re: How to open same document in multiple Reader windows?
          (Nelson_Minica)
          You could make multiple copies of the document then open each copy.

Nelson
          FAP Turbo
          • 2. Re: How to open same document in multiple Reader windows?
            <Suan_Aik_Yeo@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b8103a.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> ...<br />> You want to view 2 different parts of the same document<br />> at the same time, so you try to open another instance of<br />> the PDF in Adobe Reader, but alas, it just brings you back<br />> to the current instance of that PDF you have open...<br />> ...<br /><br />(a) Newer Reader versions have a "Window"/ "New window" menu item that opens <br />a 2nd window for the PDF you are currently viewing. 8.1.2 for Windows has <br />it, but don't know when was this option introduced (I think 7.x did not have <br />it), neither if it was preserved in 9.x.<br /><br />(b) You can start a 2nd instance of Reader with "acrord32.exe /n" and open <br />the same PDF there. This switch is recognized by old Reader versions too.