2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 5:36 AM by SaGS (id)

How to disable toolbar when viewing PDF in Browser?

Hi all,

I have an application which produces PDF files to be displayed in browser (using Jasper Reports).
      Now, I'd like to prevent the users to be able to save the displayed PDF, because they should be allowed only to read them.
      Is it possible to do this? (i.e configure the reader only to show the content without toolbar/option bar)?
      Thanks in advance for any hints

Regards
      Brody
        • 1. Re: How to disable toolbar when viewing PDF in Browser?
          Level 1
          sorry for the double post..
          I just figure out that clicking on F8 will hide the toolbar, which is actually what I'm looking for. But is it possible to do this programatically too?
          • 2. Re: How to disable toolbar when viewing PDF in Browser?
            Level 1
            <Brody_Bach@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b821bb.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> ...<br />> Is it possible to do this? (i.e configure the reader only to show<br />> the content without toolbar/option bar)?<br />> ...<br /><br />Since you are producing the PDF, take a look at the ViewerPreferences <br />dictionary in the PDF Reference Manual; for PDF 1.4 it's section 8.1.<br /><br />> ...<br />> Now, I'd like to prevent the users to be able to save the<br />> displayed PDF, because they should be allowed only to read them.<br />> ...<br /><br />However (a) that's only a preference, the viewer may honor it or not, (b) F8 <br />is still there to put the bar back, and last but not least (c) it won't <br />prevent making a copy of the file, but I'm sure it will irritate a lot of <br />your clients (lack of navigation/ zoom/ etc buttons, for one thing).