1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 4:46 PM by Nemuri13

Error Message.

Hi,

To start with, here is the error message:

The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running can not be used to view PDF files in a Web Broswer.
      Adobe Acrobat/Reader version 8 or 9 is required. Please exit and try again.

I do have 8 running and reinstalled it but still get this. I have to save the file to my computer first then open it to view it... ANY ideas?

Thanks,

Jason Volk
      http://www.vacaconnect.com
      "Connecting the Vacation Rental Community"
        • 1. Re: Error Message.
          Nemuri13 Level 1
          try these solutions:<br /><br />Solution 1:  End Acrobat.exe or AcroRd32.exe in the Task Manager<br /><br />1.  Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.<br />2. Click Task Manager choose the Processes tab and select either Acrobat.exe or AcroRd32.exe      in the list of tasks running .<br />4. Click End Process and choose Yes to Task Manager warning.<br />5. Click on a PDF in a browser window.<br /><br />Solution 2: Remove older versions of Acrobat and then install Acrobat.<br />If you have older versions of Acrobat or Adobe Reader installed, remove them using the Add/Remove Programs utility, and then install only one of the programs.<br />1.     Close all applications currently running on your system, including other Adobe applications, MS Office applications, and browser windows. <br />2.     Run the uninstaller: <br />1.     Go to Start Menu > Control Panel. <br />2.     Double-click Programs And Features (Windows Vista) or Add Or Remove Programs (Windows XP). <br />3.     Select the Acrobat or Adobe Reader, click Remove, and follow the on-screen instructions. <br />3.     Remove all files related to Acrobat or Reader from your system: <br />1.     Go to Start Menu > My Computer. <br />2.     In the Address bar near the top of the window type one of the following: <br />     On Windows Vista, type: \Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe <br />     On Windows XP, type: \Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\Adobe <br />3.     Delete files and folders with Acrobat or Adobe Reader in the name. <br />4.     In the Address bar near the top of the window type one of the following: <br />     On Windows Vista, type: \Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe <br />     On Windows XP, type: \Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe <br />5.     Delete files and folders with Acrobat or Reader in the name. <br />6.     Reinstall either Acrobat 8 and not Reader 9 or reinstall Acrobat 9 and not Reader 8.x.