2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 1:57 PM by user_myang

Acrobat 9 bug? - Print Pages function does not print all bookmarked pages

amangin
      We use the Bookmark Print Pages function to allow for easy printing of sections of large PDFs. All of the pages that should be printed are bookmarked. The bookmarked pages print correctly in Adobe 8, but not in Adobe 9.

I have put together a javascript workaround, but would prefer a solution that does not require distributing a file to all users.

I would appreciate any suggestions on other possible workarounds.

Here is the bug report I submitted to Adobe:

Concise problem statement: The "Print Pages" function for bookmarks does not print all bookmarked pages in Adobe Reader 9.0 and 9.1. The same bookmarks print properly in Adobe Reader, Standard, and Pro 8.

Steps to reproduce bug:
      1. Open the Adobe Acrobat SDK JavaScript for Acrobat API Reference PDF (Version 8.1, April 2007) in Adobe Reader 9.0 or 9.1.
      2. View the bookmarks. Right-click on New Features and Changes and choose "Print Pages."
      3. Open the same PDF in Adobe Reader, Standard, or Pro 8. (I used Adobe Professional 8.1.3.)
      4. View the bookmarks. Right-click on New Features and Changes and choose "Print Pages."

Results and Expected results: Printing from v8 results in 12 pages. Printing from v9 results in 9 pages. Pages 741, 754, and 769 did not print from v9.